luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Dishonest waiters --- beware
Well today we employed 2 new waiters who seemed to be very good - speak english and said they did not smoke or drink !
They seemed to be OK - but tonight when closing the restaurant they were both caught stealing our best bottles of wine and putting in their suitcases -- needless to say we told them to F---k off and NEVER set foot on our premises again -- just shows you how deceiving these waiters can be -- Ibrahim and rest of staff were so upset about this cos we always trust every one

Moggycat

Oh, bad luck Sue, you can do without people like that, we'll be out in a couple of weeks, see you then. Moggycat

Glad you cought them Sue on the 1st night and not after a week or two............hope they dont turn up at ours as we have a very big drop over the side!..Jim

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Make sure you spread the word around to your colleagues Sue. I know they're your competitors but, knowing you, I'm sure you won't want to see them get ripped off!

carolk

R.I.P
What a shame!! I agree with your sentiments, I always trust till proved wrong - maybe a silly thing to do!! Good luck in finding the good guys.

D

Deleted member 13863

Wow they didn't waste much time.

If you hadn't actually caught them it might have left everyone under a cloud of suspicion.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Wow they didn't waste much time.

If you hadn't actually caught them it might have left everyone under a cloud of suspicion.

Yes it would have been very uncomfortable for all - although we have always had trustworthy staff up til now ( except for 2 years ago when a pide chef run off with loads of money - cameras and shoes !! )
Dont worry - we went round all the restaurants last night warning everyone about these guys --- lets hope they have scarpered a long way away from Yalivavak

Duke

Hi Sue long tiime no see! As you know we had several Licensed premises so know te worth of Honest staff! However as already said you caught them at it early on not at seasons end when bottom line looked bad... I would have either had them nicked or talked to by a rather large Gentlleman!!!!!!...lol.. still its done now I do hope they didnt rob any of your punters during their brief stay?? Keep safe Babes have a profitable season & whatever Pebbles said in SPades!!
Duke xxxxx

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I'm sorry to hear this Sue, glad you've caught them though , very upsetting. If they've got any sense they will have scarpered well away. I remember how upset you were when you had that awful experience with the chef who gave you a good sob story and stole from you and scarpered. With this being your busiest time too you could do without the trauma of this.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Hi Sue long tiime no see! As you know we had several Licensed premises so know te worth of Honest staff! However as already said you caught them at it early on not at seasons end when bottom line looked bad... I would have either had them nicked or talked to by a rather large Gentlleman!!!!!!...lol.. still its done now I do hope they didnt rob any of your punters during their brief stay?? Keep safe Babes have a profitable season & whatever Pebbles said in SPades!!
Duke xxxxx

Thanks ---- the waiters had only started with us yesterday morning
Did not waste much time did they LOL
Think me and Ibrahim have MUG written on our foreheads LOL

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Sue, thats terrible. I don't think a thing like that ever leaves you. There is nothing worse than a thief. Hope you get a couple of goodies next time.

Jeannie

Sorry to hear of this latest problem Sue, as others have said it was a good thing you caught them on the first night! good luck in your search for some good honest waiters x

Bill & Linda

Senior Members
Well today we employed 2 new waiters who seemed to be very good - speak english and said they did not smoke or drink !
They seemed to be OK - but tonight when closing the restaurant they were both caught stealing our best bottles of wine and putting in their suitcases -- needless to say we told them to F---k off and NEVER set foot on our premises again -- just shows you how deceiving these waiters can be -- Ibrahim and rest of staff were so upset about this cos we always trust every one

Jobs are not so easy to get nowadays, especialy with someone who would actually pay them at the end of the season!! Very short sighted, or maybe stealing is just easier work.:crazy:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Yes it would have been very uncomfortable for all - although we have always had trustworthy staff up til now ( except for 2 years ago when a pide chef run off with loads of money - cameras and shoes !! )
Dont worry - we went round all the restaurants last night warning everyone about these guys --- lets hope they have scarpered a long way away from Yalivavak

You didn't go to the polis?

Biker Bob

D

Deleted member 13863

Jobs are not so easy to get nowadays, especialy with someone who would actually pay them at the end of the season!! Very short sighted, or maybe stealing is just easier work.:crazy:

Wow do waiters have to wait until the end of the season to get paid?

It would be very difficult to survive the whole season, May - Sept/Oct to get paid. How do they pay rent and eat?

I would be quite a few dress sizes smaller - might be worth a try.

felixthecat

felixthecat
most waıters get accomadatıon and food wıth theır jobs.lıke bıll and lında saıd tryıng to steal from sue and ıbrahım who pay decent wages and ınsurance was very stupıd.ı have lost count how many restorant owners have told my husband pay tomorrow or sorry no money no customers when he has been there for 14 hours and more.by law all employers have to pay ınsurance but dont and get away wıth ıt.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Wow do waiters have to wait until the end of the season to get paid?

It would be very difficult to survive the whole season, May - Sept/Oct to get paid. How do they pay rent and eat?

I would be quite a few dress sizes smaller - might be worth a try.

They get very good food and accommodation thrown in too, this is too awful for them to do this.

Last edited:
We pay are waiters weekly, the chef is paid monthly (he dosent smoke or drink!) they get acom, food and there ins as well, we know to many bars/restaurants who dont pay untill the end off the season, then its we have it hard this year hence no wages, then it all starts again next year!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom