ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Discrimination?
Is this more 'evidence' of the commonly held perception most people (in UK) have of the majority being discriminated against, rather than the other way round, as some would have us believe?

'Nurse faces the sack for refusing to take off her cross.

A nurse is facing the sack for wearing a cross while she cares for patients.'

Read more here.

C

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Discrimination?
A Muslim woman wearing a headscarf would be seen as a requirement of faith and does not cause a health and safety risk for her patients.

I wonder if a Sikh working in one the hospitals would be allowed to wear his Kirpan, if they're quoting Health & Safety concerns ? :hmm:

Last edited:

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
Discrimination?
yeah I noticed the ageist comment there.

I dunno how anyone could wear a necklace 24/7 anyway. Sounds like an issue being made a lot of to get people annoyed against 'foreign' religions. It is not a religious requirement to wear a cross. But I can't see how it poses a health risk either actually.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Discrimination?
I wonder if the hospital Chaplain has to remove his/her cross when visiting patients in the wards ? :hmm:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Discrimination?
If some are allowed to express/show their faith in the workplace, then all should be.

If they are saying it's for health and safety reasons however, then they must carry out a specific written risk assessment which should have been shown to the staff, particularly the nurse in question. Something dangling from the neck could definitely be a risk in certain circumstances.

The perception is though that if this were something a 'minority' religious follower wore, would the same rules be applied?

My view, (having worked as a public servant for three decades), is that they would be extremely wary about enforcing anything like this on a minority group for fear of legal action, bad press etc.

C

carolk

R.I.P
Discrimination?
My experience has been that if a patient wants to 'grab' they grab anything, your uniform, collar, shirt/blouse front, often leaving scratch marks on the neck and chest plus, your hair.

I tend to agree with Ceemac as your hair doesn't come off quite as easily as a chain round your neck!!!

I hold no religious beliefs but, I do think there should be equality for those who do.

martin m

Discrimination?
Hi all
people dont make a lot of something just to have a pop at other religions, why ? because in the uk we are very multi cultural of course, not that we want to be, its just something our government decided on doing some years ago.
Open the gates let every tom dick and harry in, no job? no problem, we`ll pay you, and pamper to your every wish.
Hey you english man, take that union jack flag down your flying in your garden, and no more nativity plays at christmas, you, yes you take that crucifix from around your neck, in fact the lot of you take 50 lines and write on the WHITE BOARD we promise not to offend foreigners by being british christians.

Sorry to rant but the thought that anyone thinks we need a reason to be offended ourselves when its rammed down our throats nearly every day, just amazes me, and for the record i am not racist to anyone, no matter what creed or colour,(Years ago i put on here that that sentence is always followed by the word BUT), so for the record BUT why cant we all just be allowed to live our lives together without pillocks constantly telling us what we cant do, and telling guests to our country "do what you want".
martin.

taloola

Discrimination?
(A Muslim woman wearing a headscarf would be seen as a requirement of faith) This is incorrect. It is not a requirment of faith, it does not say any where in the Quran that a woman has to wear a head scarf. This is a traditional of woman through out all ages including Victorians, Greeks etc Islam advises that both men and women dress modestly and women cover their breast. Anything else has been influenced by culture, male domination or lack of knowledge of the Qruan.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Discrimination?
god sake! did not read the age. assumed she was old as nuns usually r!.... honestly! i never!

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Discrimination?
Hi all
people dont make a lot of something just to have a pop at other religions, why ? because in the uk we are very multi cultural of course, not that we want to be, its just something our government decided on doing some years ago.
Open the gates let every tom dick and harry in, no job? no problem, we`ll pay you, and pamper to your every wish.
Hey you english man, take that union jack flag down your flying in your garden, and no more nativity plays at christmas, you, yes you take that crucifix from around your neck, in fact the lot of you take 50 lines and write on the WHITE BOARD we promise not to offend foreigners by being british christians.

Sorry to rant but the thought that anyone thinks we need a reason to be offended ourselves when its rammed down our throats nearly every day, just amazes me, and for the record i am not racist to anyone, no matter what creed or colour,(Years ago i put on here that that sentence is always followed by the word BUT), so for the record BUT why cant we all just be allowed to live our lives together without pillocks constantly telling us what we cant do, and telling guests to our country "do what you want".
martin.

for the record any person non white or ethnic BORN IN the uk with a different colour or religion is certainly not a guest! i know i am not!!!!

martin m

Discrimination?
Hi zuberdust
I have just revisited this thread and have re read my post several times because of you post, and i cant believe that you can infer that i have suggested that ANY one non white or ethnic is a guest to our country.
might i suggest that you also re read my post, especially the part that says i am not racist to ANY colour, what gives you the right to assume that i dont include white people in that statement.
for the record i can assume because of your avatar that you are non white british, fine i have absolutely no problem with that, your as british as me if you were born here, but stop being so bloody touchy about your colour, the only mention of colour in my post was white board, and based on the fact that since eternity they were called black boards, but the politically correct brigade got hold and changed it, for exactly the reason i posted about, so it would not offend non whites, does not matter that white board may offend white people though does it,
martin

whu66

www.gulluk.co.uk, www.cjceramics.com
Discrimination?
Have Many ethnic friends here in the uk...god sake there colour or creed and the fact i call them ethnic is bloody stupid....this country has gone bloody mad,people are what they are its whats inside that makes us....

Just leave us be and mingle as we choose..........

Rant over

Last edited:

Summertime

Golden Girls
Discrimination?
Did you read any of it even? Where did you get nuns from? heheh

C
Get off Superdust, you really are a dust.

god sake! did not read the age. assumed she was old as nuns usually r!.... honestly! i never!
When it cames to religion, you are there at once, what are you up to, are you inferiority to be a muslim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summertime

Golden Girls
Discrimination?
A Muslim woman wearing a headscarf would be seen as a requirement of faith and does not cause a health and safety risk for her patients.
A muslim police women in UK can wear a headscarf, so why not a cross in the Hosptal?

Last edited:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Discrimination?
'Get off Superdust, you really are a dust'

Eh?

'When it cames to religion, you are there at once, what are you up to, are you inferiority to be a muslim.'

Eh?

C

Latest Posts

Top Bottom