ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Discrimination Against Women
Discrimination against women, both in getting a particular job and receiving the same pay as men for identical jobs, still prevails in Turkey.

Here

C

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I agree with this article. The part where the women was asking too high of a starting salary was an issue we had dealt with also in out pharmacy. We were looking for an experienced sales lady for our lines of derma cosmetics. We had one applicant that had no formal education, had less then a years experience in the field and was looking for her second job as she was unemployed, was not married but had a child and could only work 7 hours a day, would not work Saturdays. She said the lowest salary she would work for was 2,000 Lira a month plus we had to buy her lunch at a restaurant everday ( Even though we have a full complete kitchen in the pharmacy) and we had to pay for her taxi to and from work....another 500 lira a month. She was actually shocked when we decided not to hire her.

Biker Bob

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
works both ways !

WOMEN WHO KNOW THEIR PLACE.

Barbara Walters, of 20/20, did a story on gender roles in Kabul , Afghanistan , several years before the Afghan conflict.

She noted that women customarily walked five paces behind their husbands.

She recently returned to Kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands. Despite the overthrow of the oppressive Taliban regime, the women now seem to, and are happy to, maintain the old custom.

Ms. Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked, 'Why do you now seem happy with an old custom that you once tried so desperately to change?'

The woman looked Ms. Walters straight in the eyes, and without hesitation said, 'Land Mines.'

martin

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
You must look like a soft touch Bob :bounce:

C

I never even met her she told this to my wife, over the phone when my wife contacted her for an interview.......I forgot to add the insurance and pension we also would have had to pay.

Biker Bob

Latest Posts

Top Bottom