starman

Discovering the secrets behind lure of 'Didimland'
SERDAR ALYAMC

IZMIR - Turkish Daily News

The mayor of Didim talks about how the number of British residents in Didim is on the rise and how Didim has been turned into a giant construction site due to interest in it from abroad, with new houses going up every other day. 'There are even housing complexes here built specifically with the British in mind. According to figures from the property title department, there are currently 8,500 homes that have been sold to British people. In addition there are 2,000 more awaiting approval right now'

A long article about Brits in Altinkum and Didim area and you can read all of it here

starman said:
SERDAR ALYAMC

IZMIR - Turkish Daily News

The mayor of Didim talks about how the number of British residents in Didim is on the rise and how Didim has been turned into a giant construction site due to interest in it from abroad, with new houses going up every other day. 'There are even housing complexes here built specifically with the British in mind.

Are these the ones with episodes of coronation st already recorded on the dvd recorders, heinz baked beans and tescos sausages in the cupboards,2000kw heaters in every room, locks from the same company as Fort Knox get thiers, miles of curtains, flowery wallpaper and borders, radio permantely tuned to the Home Service in case of war breaking out or earthquakes, right hand drive car in the garage which when in you cannot open the doors to get out, a map of how to get to the nearest Tescos(kippa),a book entiltled "Should I marry my Turkish lover of 2 weeks" on the bookshelf, which is not up straight, etc etc etc oh yes and an empty frame on the wall where the Tapu should be!

Regards,

Bryan :splat:

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
Bryan you keep forgetting :lol: :lol: :lol:

What? the necessaties for your Hamster!

mkc

Last edited:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE