labman

Disco's what did you wear?
I always remeber my first school disco. It was trendy to wear drain pipe trousers at the time but I didn't have any so my mother cut a pair of normal trousers down the whole length and quickly sewed the sides up which looked more like two pieces of long cloth attached together by fishnet stockings - I thought I was the King walking in to the school that night only to be quietly laughted at by my freinds and out done by my sister in a pink two tone boobtube top so tight she couldn't breath! - she regrets that also!!

Thats me done

Anyone else got disaster Disco memories they would like to get off their chests????

LM:Cry:

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Hmm.... No disasters as such. But you just HAD to have the right gear.
The first disco I went to was in the Fishtail Parka era. If it did'nt have the fishtail it was'nt worth wearing.
Fashions for lads changed virtually weekly back then, and I can remember a lot of the things my poor mum shelled out for. Trousers were usually parallels and the colours were electric blues, wines, bottle greens, canary yellows, and of course two tones.
Footwear was white pumps, brogue's, doc martins, chelsea boots, monkey boots, stacks, or those ones with a gold metal tip on the toe!
Up top you could have wore a ben sherman, a shirt jacket, football jumper, a tie pin, a crombie, or a harrington jacket :)

Used to get most of my gear from George Best's boutique in Manchester city centre. Oh yes, great days.

dalyansteve

I too was a bit of a fashion junkie, in the late 60's I would go to Paris to buy shirts, I bought a pair of patent leather shoes in Barcelona that I thought were the dog's doodah's It was all a case of trying to be different by having something no one else had or could get. We used to get Ben Sherman shirts off the boats from America, also genuine bomber jackets and parkas, you could not get them in the shops.

labman

OMG, It looks like i'm the only one to have had any issues! You guys must have been the real trendy ones, I had to make do with corduroys and and my mother sewing the tassels back on my shoes when they came off after doing the "bop" too much! (I feel embarressed as I write, got goose pimples and everything!)lol

LM

Latest Posts

Top Bottom