zozatky

Disabled...The Forgotton people.
Being wheelchair bound myself I find it very suprising how few other disabled people I see. Is the lack of disabled facilities in Turkey a reflection of the fact that they dont exist or is It the reason they dont go out & about ?
There are no disabled facilities in Kusadasi that I have found. Has anyone else seen any? There are a few ramps to pavements but there is usually a car parked accross them and they are very steep. Most toilets are up or down stairs and are not big enough for wheelchairs. Is it the same in other towns across Turkey Touring this vast country needs some serious planning for disable people . A simple thing like going out for a meal Is a major challenge.
:mmph:

carolk

R.I.P
I agree. There are no real services here for people with a disability. The 'ramps' are too steep and the tiolets not wheelchair freindly.

I think the only thing that makes up for it is the kindness of the stafff in most places who will do their utmost to accommodate. I do see a lot of people with disabilities but I just dont think they are catered for.

There are no human rights here, shame!

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Even though their are limited amount of facilities to accommodate the disabled person in a wheelchair here in Altinkum.But l have noticed how many will help you to get up the steps and will provide certain areas for the disabled.They are improving as time goes on to accommodate the disabled here in Altinkum

zozatky

Good info plenty words but will they act on it . By the way any steps are the Hardest..!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom