ribena34

Direct Flights to Bodrum in January ???
hi

trying to find direct flight to bodrum in january without flying to istanbul....found turkish airline and it says overnight in instanbul...grrrr

cannot find any flights at all and help would be appreciated...willing to fly from anywhere and need from 18th - 29th

thanks

waterbaby

i dont think you can find direct flights in january without having to stop at istanbul. there are several flights a day with turkish airlines down to bodrum and if you can find the right one there is only a 2 hr wait in istanbul. you can however get direct flights from the uk to izmir which is approx 3 hrs from bodrum. a coach fro izmir to bodrum is about 18tl and a very comfortable ride,with refreshments. We flew from heathrow to izmir and also gatwick to izmir .....really good price. good luck with your search.

waterbaby

you are welcome, sorry couldnt be more helpful.if you cant find a flight avoiding over night stay i istanbul check out domestic airlines and see if you can geta connection through them...........pegasus,atlasjet, onur, dont know if easy jet do internal flights. also be sure that if you do this that trhey are from the same airport either aaturk or sabiha gokcen , they are on opposite sides of the city

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Search in 'planes, trains & automobiles' forum for lots on Pegasus and problaby other airlines/options. They seem to do good prices. Sara666 did a post the other day re. them. It would seem they advertise to Bodrum as if it is a direct flight but it connects in Istanbul so if you break the search into two parts you should have more luck - so Stansted to Istanbul (the cheapy/far out option) then onto Bodrum.
I know a lot of people are wary of the change at Istanbul but there are lots of posts re. this (good & bad) - it seems the connection 'should' wait for you and they sort the luggage out. I think it was Luckycat68 who had a bad experience so look out for her post.
I have not used Pegasus yet (first time next May so time will tell!) so I am basing this on what I have read & remember from here.
As stated above you could look at BA to Izmir - I did Gatwick to Izmir in January. All good except flights back were about midnight into Gatwick (ok if you have a lift or taxi picking you up). Often the way - decent times on one way but difficult on the other leg.
It is a case of shopping around. skyscanner.net is often recommended on here for searching for a flight.
Best of luck, Carol x

Sara-666

As Carol said, I was looking for winter flights and Pegasus were coming up the best prices, it shows Bodrum to Stansted but it is via Istanbul (40 minute in between journeys) for the return journey though you have to book the 2 seperate flights, Stansted to Istanbul and Istanbul to Bodrum for some reason. You can even pick the seats you want on line now, I think they vary in price between £4 and £10 depending on whether you want aisle, middle or window seats. We were looking at £150 return in December including the seat allocation, January is still cheaper at the minute.

Good Luck

Sara

ribena34

thanks for the reply...... i had a look at pegagus but the dates i wanted to fly out where not avaialble......found british airways but its £199 and only flys to izmir so would still need to get to bodrum....will keep looking.....thanks for that info...take care xx

aegean flights go to bodrum in the winter.Also thomascook and aegean do flights to dalaman and you could then get a tranfer to bodrum.transferonly.com do transfers.hope you get sorted.

Ian

aegean flights go to bodrum in the winter.Also thomascook and aegean do flights to dalaman and you could then get a tranfer to bodrum.transferonly.com do transfers.hope you get sorted.
I thought Aegean stopped doing winter flights into BJV lasy year ???.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Theres the option of flying to Izmir then get a taxi to the coach station which is hudge but easy to get a coach to bodrum it takes about 3hrs . but as you've only been to Turkey once it may be a bit much for you . Unless you get your boy friend text instructions for you to show to taxi etc . Thats what hubby dose for me He calls me and tells people what i want or were i want to go to ! Try Hantours Holidays . { goolge it }Orhan the owner has found flights for me that others couldn't find . And sometimes fly out with one airline and Return with a different one . ..Diane

Last edited:

mallin

mal mc cullough
also considering getting a london to izmir flight in march.that bus down to bodrum i assume goes past bodrum international airport.does it by any chance stop there.much closer to apartment than going on down to bodrum then back up again.the istanbul option too difficult as it involves staying a night in istanbulyet not long enough to see the city sadly.cheers....malachi

Flipflop

About the 3 or 4 hour mark to drive I gather - been looking into this as an option for flights from Scotland to avoid silly o'clock arrivals (too old and grumpy to bother with 'out of hours' flights now...) or transfers between airports in Istanbul, also as an option (to high prices...) to get to Izmir through a London hub.

If you want to transfer Dalaman to Didim by bus, Dalaman Airport is 3 miles form the bus station and you get stuffed apparently by the taxis who have the airport concession for transfers - 25+ YTL seems the rate for the transfer. I gather you also would change buses for the journey too - probably Dalaman to Mugla, then Mugla to Didim so allow for this extra time too.

also considering getting a london to izmir flight in march.that bus down to bodrum i assume goes past bodrum international airport.does it by any chance stop there.much closer to apartment than going on down to bodrum then back up again.the istanbul option too difficult as it involves staying a night in istanbulyet not long enough to see the city sadly.cheers....malachi

Mal,
We are doing that trip on Jan2/3rd so will post our experience . Decided now to see Izmir in the morning after we arrive and hopefully get an afternoon coach down to Bodrum/Turgetries arriving before dark so we can enjoy the views. We will go sightseeing the second week as hubby has decided to work the first week.

ChrisBobs

Yes SS and thanks but, - was I too lazy to repeat what the link said? Would have to look back.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Yes SS and thanks but, - was I too lazy to repeat what the link said? Would have to look back.

:noidea:, it just happens that I am looking at flight timetables in January 2010. I so wish that Onur Air would resume their winter service.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom