jokay

Digi box
Hi Folks having read some of the threads I still dont know what I need to ask for?

I have turkish channels and a dish on the roof I would like some kind of free view with access to BBC,movies and music channels.Some body said you can get this for about £50,can anyone tell me what i need to ask for?

Thanks Jo

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Digi box
If you have one dish and receiver it would probably be best to have the dish re-aligned to either Hotbird or Nilesat, either will give you some english speaking channels (music, news and films) don't expect eastenders though.

This shouldn't cost much.

Harem

I've cliqued
Digi box
Get Thor, loads of English channels, ViaSat History, Nat Geo, Animal, Digi Films, Hallmark, etc. etc. loads of sports channels, too.

carolk

R.I.P
Digi box
Get Thor, loads of English channels, ViaSat History, Nat Geo, Animal, Digi Films, Hallmark, etc. etc. loads of sports channels, too.

Harem, I have heard you talk about Thor before - what is it and, do all the satellite shops do it?. Is there none of that signal going off stuff. You seem very happy with it.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Digi box
Thor is the name of a satellite that transmits differnet programs as are hotbird, nilesat etc. It depends on their orbitting location and strength of transmission on where you can pick them up.

For instance Sky is transmitted from the Astra satellites but their location means you need to have a 3-4metre dish to pick them up in Turkey.

As an example the coverage of Thor is shown here

Thor 5 at 0.8°W - LyngSat Maps

Harem

I've cliqued
Digi box
Hi Carol. We did have a problem in the beginning with the signal changing and having to take our boxes to the shop to get them reprogrammed, but then we changed our boxes for a Raum, which automatically picks up the new signals. No problem now.

Paddy

From Dublin
Digi box
Hi Carol. We did have a problem in the beginning with the signal changing and having to take our boxes to the shop to get them reprogrammed, but then we changed our boxes for a Raum, which automatically picks up the new signals. No problem now.

Hi Harem

Last September we bought satellite decoder box and dish from a shop in Akbuk recommended by our complex management at a cost of £250 we received got our signal from Hotbird and Nilesat satellites.

When we arrived back in May of this year all the signals where scrambled and the shop wanted 50 ytl to update the box and while talking to other residences who live on site said they had paid twice since the beginning of the year. Back home we call them dodgy boxes not digi boxes.

I would be interested in the system you talked about Raum where you got it and how much it costs and what satellites you pick up

I

Harem

I've cliqued
Digi box
Hi Paddy

We did a "part exchange" with our two original boxes and I can't remember exactly how much we had to pay for the Raum because we also had a new dish. On the Raum box we get Hotbird, Turksat and Thor. We have three dishes on the roof. We went down this route because we got fed up with having to go back to the shop every so often (and it seemed to get more often) to have the signal unscrambled. Did have a hiccup about three weeks ago, but seems OK now, chap came out and didn't charge us. Bought it from Orhan Electronics on the Patlangic Road.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Digi box
Harem,

Has your Raum box got a model number on it. We have had to have the guy out to unscramble ours once which cost 30tl. But would be interested in getting one like yours if it persists.

Cheers

dalyansteve

Digi box
I am definately going to have to buy you a beer John, you seem to be well versed in satelite tv. I have always found the subject a pain so opted for digiturk after several painful and expensive excursions," oh you will get lots of english channels with this" being a zillion foreign channels, not Turkish it must be english!!!! I have more or less been happy with digiturk apart from the price and the interuptions and not being able to record from it. Give me a call when you are out next, we can swap technology info.

Harem

I've cliqued
Digi box
John, as far as I can make out the model number is: Ra 2000 PVR. I have a user's handbook, too. Pity I can't read it as it's all in Turkish!!! I did try to get one in English, but had no success so far.

biggles

biggles
Digi box
i use digi turk £9 a month and 85 ytl for total cost and installation .loads of music .and plenty english speaking chnls.

carolk

R.I.P
Digi box
Biggles, I also use Digiturk but am sick to death of the repeats, there is hardly anything left to watch!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom