Jon & Mia

Didim After Sales
The company Erhan is working for now (Didim After Sales) offer an Owners club for £450 a year which includes Key holding, regular cleaning, airing of the rooms every month, someone to accompany you to solicitoers etc.
Has anybody signed up for this yet? does anyone have any experience to share about Didim After Sales

Eileen P

Didim After Sales
Hi Jon & Mia

We haven't used Didim After Sales but Altinkum Dream Homes the Agents who we bought from offer an after sales service, you might want to give them a ring. We can recommend them. We only bought in April and with their help we are already moved in.
When we went over at the end of May they had switched the fridge on and got water, beer, milk, biscuits, tea, coffee & sugar in for us. They even put toilet rolls in the bathroom. They also offer an airport pickup service.
If you can't find their number on the net let me know i will PM you. I don't know whether I am allowed to put the number on the forum.

Regards

Eileen & Eddie

lakegl

Didim After Sales
We went to meet Kenan (Didim After Sales) at Erhan's recommendation, last time we were there. He is another ex Parador man, like Utku.
He speaks excellent English, spent years here, and is a nice guy.
The office is found opposite Carrefour, above the Bim supermarket. The sign is above BIM but you have to go down the side street to the left of BIM and ring the bell.
My only concern with the annual charge is that it may be done that way (rather than commission on each let) as there is not much business at the moment. For example, you may pay the annual fee and not get much letting - on the other hand you could get loads of lets and be paying commission on each.
Ken has decided to do it this way for a reason, obviously.
He tells me there are plenty of opportunities to let at Hillside but Im not sure that it is ready for the yet - no facilities etc.
I may leave it until next year and see what occurs.
That's just my thoughts but, personally, I would have no problem, quite the reverse, going with people who are known to us all (if only thro Parador) and each other - ie Erhan and Utku
Hope that helps
Glenda and Keith

lakegl

Didim After Sales
Sorry, just re-read the thread and think now you are referring to an owners club charge. I am referring to the way in which he charges to handle lettings but that may be all part of this annual cost.
Glenda

Jon & Mia

Didim After Sales
Yes I was talking of the owners club. At present I am unsure of whether to let the appartment or not. like you I may wait til next year. The £450 covers a lot of things such as Monthly cleaning, airing the appartment (Necessary for damp issues esp if the appartment is not being used) also accompanying you to solicitors etc, help with furniture, paying bills, collecting mail etc. My thinking is that with Erhan looking after my interests Ufuk will not be able to pull the wool over his eyes as he knows the site inside out.

However - I may take a look at what Altinkum Dream homes have to offer first.

Thanks to all that replied

Last edited:

Jon & Mia

Didim After Sales
We have decided to sign up with Erhan and his team - we will let you know how we get on.
Initially they appear helpful and flexible - we had already paid for snagging so Erhan agreed to swap the free snagging for a free builders clean. he also started arrangements on our behalf before we had made the payment - saying we could pay him when we come out. (I like trust in a working relationship so that was a good move)

Jon & Mia

Didim After Sales
Hi Jon and Mia
Would just say to get it in writing either email or written letter as to what their services are and for how much to ensure no misunderstandings later on! Enjoy your visit

simba

Didim After Sales
Hi
Yes we are with Erhan and he's been very helpful. He has actually rented one of our properties next week.

Bill & Cate

Didim After Sales
We have been with Hane Management for 3 years and found them reliable - just about to renew for another year. They have just taken over the restaurant, etc. on the Hillside and so will be having an office right on our doorstep - very convenient! (although when in Turkey they always came to us - we have never had to go running after them). They have been looking after our apartments in Turkey and have also let them out for us. They told us that they are very selective about tenants and so far that has proved true. We have only ever had really good tenants.

Certainly worth a look.

Cate

Summertime

Golden Girls
Didim After Sales
The company Erhan is working for now (Didim After Sales) offer an Owners club for £450 a year which includes Key holding, regular cleaning, airing of the rooms every month, someone to accompany you to solicitoers etc.
Has anybody signed up for this yet? does anyone have any experience to share about Didim After Sales

Did you really sign up for this? Wow.... £ 450 a year, thats very expensive.

Is it yours company?

Jon & Mia

Didim After Sales
We decided to sign up with DAS as they were flexible enough to allow us to substitute a full builders clean for the snagging which we had already paid my solicitor to arrange.
Best Decision I have ever made.
They sent cleaners in for three days to get the appartment to a habitable state. I had read what others had said about the amount of work you have to do but never imagined it would be really that bad.
Despite someone suggesting getting a definitive list of what they offer for the money, I think the real plus is that their list isn't definitive. They will help you with pretty much anything you need help with.
we went to the office for an initial chat and mentioned we were looking to but certain things. erhan took us out into town and to reputable shops where he translated and negotiated for us.
when deliveries were late (very rare in Turkey) he rang them up and gave them a rocket for us.
On one occasion my friend gashed his head on the Air Con. I rang Erhan to ask where the nearest Chemist was and he immediately offered to come to us and take my mate to the hospital, guiding us through the local procedures (in the event we didn't need this but it was a comfort to know the offer was there)
while we were in his office we mentioned that Utku was fitting a third Air Con unit for us that day. Erhan immediately arranged for his cleaners to go in and clean up the mess they lsft before we got home (No charge)
Although the service provides for cleaning and airing the rooms once a month, Erhan said their team are on the site pretty much every week and would give the rooms an air weekly.
we asked for one or two custom jobs (such as converting the alcove under the stairs into a cupboard and Erhan sent his handyman round to measure up and give us quotes.
There was a problem with the centralised Satellite system - basically Ufuk has not bought the right equipment to split the dishes between the 6 appartments and is "paying" for this extra equipment by selling the satellite boxes at a premium. If you buy your own box from another supplier he wants to charge 30 TL for the splitter. Again Erhan's knowledge of the site was invaluable. I have refused to pay as this is part of what should be provided as part of the contract.
Both Ken and Erhan were so helpful. It felt as if we had someone "on our side" and this is important as learning your way around in a new country is quite daunting.
So if anyone else is looking for thios sort of service I can whole heartedly recommend them
Jon

Peregrine

Didim After Sales
Hi Jon and Mia
Would just say to get it in writing either email or written letter as to what their services are and for how much to ensure no misunderstandings later on! Enjoy your visit

even then you have no real way of knowing if they actually do go and air the place once a month!

Jon & Mia

Didim After Sales
not until we go out and find damp patches everywhere. But having dealt with them I don't believe that will be the case. They have promised to email photos of the appartment as things get built and will monitor (and photograph) the snagging jobs Utku is getting done. so they will have to visit the appartment regularly.
I am a naturally suspicious person (goes with the job!) which is why I started the thread. But I have to say I completely trust them now.

Jon & Mia

Didim After Sales
Hi
Having just returned from 2 weeks it the appartment I thought I would give an update on Didim After Sales.

Before we left last time we were unable to wash all of our bedlinnen due to the low water pressure which meant the washing mashine took ages to complete a wash. we left one batch on the clothes horse to dry, and an unwashed pile in the bathroom.

Since the last visit we have emailed DAS and spoken by phone a couple of times. They arranged for some work in our appartment while it was empty and on completion they sent us loads of photos.

Prior to this visit we contacted DAS to let them know when we were arriving and they assured us they would give the appartment an extra clean just before we arrived.

When we walked in they had cleaned the appartment thoroughly, Lundered the bedlinnen we had left befhind, made the beds, laid out the towels like a hotel and put a few essentials in the fridge. They also ensured our electricity was "topped up" for which we paid Utku later. They had completed all the work we asked for to a good standard (not the usual Turkish finish) and had sorted out my Satellite TV issues.

Throughout our visit we were on the phone to them almost daily, asking advice, arranging for their tecnical staff to take out the dangerous baths and fit safe showers in their place (again accomplished to high standard)

I had to transfer my bank account from Bodrum to Didim and Ken accompanied me to the bank to translate and to lead me through the process. Ken also accompanied me to a solicitors to get some advice, and arranged legal translators for my TAPU and for some work at the notary. Each of these things took up large parts of their day, but they never rushed me and kept assuring me it was all part of the service.

They wisited me at my appartment a couple of times and helped me sort out a few snagging items.

when I was dealing with workmen or local traders wherever there was a language barrier I would simply phone them and they acted as an online translator - but more than that as they would often argue heatedly with the trader until they did what we wanted.

They want to become established and known for doing things properly (Going the extra mile as they put it) They are totally customer focussed and they are certainly not looking for opportunities to screm more money from you. The annual fee that I paid has covered everything so far except the additional works I requested (like the showers)

It is reassuring to know that when I am not there they will be cleaning and airing the rooms to help prevent damp.

We were so impressed with them that we took Erhan & Ken for a meal with their wives and Erhan's baby as a way of saying thanks.

I have spoken to others on the site who have received similar excellent service from Altinkum dream Homes and it would be nice if they updates this thread with thier experiences too so that people have a couple of options. I certainly don't want this to appear like a sales pitch on behalf of DAS - the comments are my genuine feeling.

One thing is for certain - I would not want to be without the srvices of an After sales team (be it Didim After Sales, Altinkum dream Homes or someone else) and I consider the annual fee among the best money I have spent during the buying process

lakegl

Didim After Sales
Thanks John. I have signed up with Carole Fascione of Hane Management who will have an office on site.
I hope to let one of my apartments next season via Carole.
Glad you had a good time
Glenda

Eileen P

Didim After Sales
Hi Jon & Mia

We bought our property through Altinkum Dream Homes and they have guided us through the whole process without a hitch. They took us to the Tax office, to open a bank account, to choose furniture etc. They had all the jobs completed on our property before having it cleaned and having our furniture delivered. They then emailed photo’s for us to see what it was like. On our first stay in our new home they picked us up from the airport and put essentials in the fridge. We left them with our snagging list and all jobs were completed within the week. They did all the arraignments for us to get our Tapu, we can’t praise them enough. They also offer an after sales service to people who have not bought through them.

Like you we feel that you defiantly need to use the services of someone like Altinkum Dream Homes or Didim After Sales, who come highly recommended by people who have used them.

Eileen & Eddie

Latest Posts

Top Bottom