SLEEPY

DID YOU KNOW ?
In 1841 England had just under 16m people, Ireland 8.2m. 180 years after the famine ( or an act of genocide oversaw by the British Government) Ireland is still only at 6.9m, England now 56m. Had the famine never been allowed to happen, I wonder what Ireland’s population might be now, and how vastly different a country it would be.

Mushroom

DID YOU KNOW ?
In 1841 England had just under 16m people, Ireland 8.2m. 180 years after the famine ( or an act of genocide oversaw by the British Government) Ireland is still only at 6.9m, England now 56m. Had the famine never been allowed to happen, I wonder what Ireland’s population might be now, and how vastly different a country it would be.
No more pro rata. Next question.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
DID YOU KNOW ?

The world doesn't need more Irish running around. :censored:

429nufc

DID YOU KNOW ?
Or how vastly different the USA might have been.
Anyone know what happened to Michael Hanley ?

Chasey

DID YOU KNOW ?
About 10% (6. something million) of the UK population have at least one Irish person in their bloodline.

DID YOU KNOW ?
My great grand parents were Irish and came to England from Cork after the potato famine. My family are very proud of its Irish roots and immigrants have done a great deal to enrich Britain. Irish music, literature, construction and comedy to name but a few. What did the Irish do for us? Quite a bit really.

Kath

Saoirse

DID YOU KNOW ?
Cheers S and K

I have relatives who worked in England going way back from digging roads working underground tunnels etc and have almost always been made very welcome

Irish societies GAA clubs etc have become a welcome part of both English and Irish communities in your country

I was bemused and indeed proud some years ago when visiting my wife's relatives in Kilburn to see a local GAA team had 4 Afro Carribbean kids in their ranks along with about 50% English members

Absolutely no reason why our countries after our reunification cannot stay excellent neighbors and close friends

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
DID YOU KNOW ?
We have worked in private schools overseas since 1984, and many of our best, and most professional staff have been Irish. We are still in touch with many, who are all around the world.

Saoirse

DID YOU KNOW ?
Saints n scholars IA!!!

As a rule of thumb in the 6 counties the closer you are to West Belfast the higher your IQ

I lived there 50 odd years........ Sleepy is 85 miles away.

Decent lad, very good to his mother but you know....

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
DID YOU KNOW ?
Saints n scholars IA!!!

As a rule of thumb in the 6 counties the closer you are to West Belfast the higher your IQ

I lived there 50 odd years........ Sleepy is 85 miles away.

Decent lad, very good to his mother but you know....
I forgot to add, I was reluctant to employ Norther Irish, as the staff and foreign kids had problems understanding the accent

Saoirse

DID YOU KNOW ?
Fully understand

I mean that daft Fermanagh accent- what the heck is that all about

Whereas the crystal clear BBCesque dare I say sexy West Belfast accent..

Saoirse

DID YOU KNOW ?
To be fair our West Belfast accent is poor

When our local MP was banned from speaking on tv and instead had to have an actor's voice say his words it was actually nothing to do with politics- it was to spare the world our god awful accent!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom