Developers rate for electricity
Does anyone know what the "developers rate" is? We have our Tapu and will, hopefully, be transferring the electricity into our names next time we visit. In the mean time our Management company are sending us monthly electricity bills @ 0.32TL per unit.

The properties on the site(24) have individual meters.

Is 0.32TL the going rate?

Thanks

Sarahlou

Hi ringspanner, we too are on builders electric. When I was over in september I went to the Tedas office and asked how much builders electric was. I was told it was 0.35 -0.38 krs per unit. If you have the electic in your own name you can register for 3 tarrifs. (There is a very good post on here somewhere about this) At the minute any electric we use is charged at the highest tarrif. We too have individual meters ther only problem is that they are not connected up so we have no idea of how much electricity we are using.

jearden

Agreed, 0.32 is pretty much the average cost rate from Aydem this year so your management are not ripping you off by inflating the charge as some do. Costs vary slightly month to month depending on total demand and nature of the load.
Getting the supply in your own name might be a little more tricky than you think. There will probably be some engineering work involved and your provider may want to do all 24 properties in one go and ask for copies of all Tapus and Hab certificates.

alison09400

If you live on a complex everyone property normally needs to be transferred over to domestic rate at the same time.

butt007

Warren
Hi Ringspanner, up untill 5 months we were on builders electric and paid 23kurush/unit, so in May we all paid 1500tl each (40apts) to get electric and water changed into our own names, I know it seems a lot of cash but we do not yet have our Iskan so it cost more, we also had to supply earthquake ins. cert. as well as Tapu.
It was all done in one go and the Tedas where here 2-3days, we now pay around 18kurush/unit.
The water is still in the process of being changed over but should be done by Xmas, apparently that also involves installing new water meters.
Warren

Latest Posts

Top Bottom