foxxi

Desperate for advice...
Desperate *Update pg 4*

Hi Im new here.. and am desperately in need of some advice/infomation.

I am currently going thru a messy split with my husband... and am wanting to move to Turkey in October with my parents. We have a 2yr old son..who I will be taking with me if I do move there.

Firstly, am I able to work in Turkey?

Secondly, will my son have to join the Turkish Legion when he turns 17?

Are there any English schools in Altinkum??

I know the second question is a little preempt..but its something I need to know.

Any other info.advice would be great..thankyou.

Last edited:

Summertime

Golden Girls
Desperate for advice...
Are you Turkish and speak Turkish? Are you married to a Turkish man or English?
Well, I think only can give the answer to if you want to live in Turkey.

foxxi

Desperate for advice...
I am English and married to an English man..my husband will not be coming with us.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Desperate for advice...
Hi, welcome to the forum, I'll try to answer some of your questions, but I'm sure other more knowledgeable people will be along soon.

Firstly, am I able to work in Turkey?

Not easily, this is one of the major drawbacks with moving to Turkey, work permits are very very difficult, there are plenty of threads on the forum for more info.

Secondly, will my son have to join the Turkish Legion when he turns 17?

Not sure about this, but I think it only applies if you become a citizen, but someone will correct me.

Are there any English schools in Altinkum??

I don't think so.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Desperate for advice...
When you became as old as I am, I have to advise you to stay in UK with your 2-yeras old baby.

Good advice, it's not an easy task to settle in Turkey, especially if you need to earn a living as an expat.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Desperate for advice...
Hi Foxxi

without a job how will you survive ? as summertime says stay at home.

martin

Summertime

Golden Girls
Desperate for advice...
Dont get me wrong Foxxi, to live alone in a different country, without husband, that is no good, remember both you and the baby need network. I think that is better in UK, I am sure you have family. Tureky is a lovley place, but you need money here as well, as you do at home. And at home you can work and make a good live for you and your 2-years old baby.
There is not so many years ago since my daughter was 2-years old, and I would never ever think about take her away from the family, now she has became such a lady, and that is because I did have a work at home and make money for us. If you and your baby want to visit Altinkumn for holiday you are very much welcom to se us in Dimim. Take care.

Last edited:

Pete&Mag

Desperate for advice...
I agree with a lot of what has been said. If you want to make a clean break and get away...Move to scotland ,Wales. But stay in Britain where you are familiar with the system. You will no doubt get help from social services . Young kids are expensive.
Run away to the known,rather than the unknown. Good luck. Pete

foxxi

Desperate for advice...
I would be moving over with my parents.. an we would live with them (they havent bought yet) they are going over in October to look for property (sorry, I didnt post that first of all).

I would live on money I will make from selling my house here and get maintenance each month from my childs father. This is one of the reasons I wanted to know if I could work there or not.

Thanks for your speedy replies.

nwclio

Desperate for advice...
I have made the move with my girls who are 13 and 14 and have put them into a Turkish school in Akbuk, if your going to stay here its the best way for you child to learn Turkish. As long as you have a good ammount in the bank you should be able to survive on the interest but be prepared for unexpected costs, i know out of past matters!
I hope you make the right choice and find a good home for yourselves, my villa still available if your interested..Any more info like getting schooling sorted just PM me..

CJD

Desperate for advice...
You will have to have your ex husbands permission to take your
son out of the country, will this be a problem

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Desperate for advice...
I put your question to my Turkish Husband . his response was even he can't get work in the winter also why do you think some Turkish get married to European women = Answer to get out of Turkey were theres No NHS no social workers should you need them and no work without a permit . { not legally } you can of course work in other european countries My advice go with your parents for a holiday and while your there Plan a new life life for yourself in the UK the other alternative is to work for a travel company TC first choice ect . But the season is May untill Oct Think long and hard about it all and whatever you decide Good Luck with your new life Diane

modaboy

Desperate for advice...
What on earth is the Turkish Legion?

Surely you mean, does he have to do National Service and no of course he does not. Unless you have some special skill, plan to run a business or are incredibly lucky, you will not get round the work permit problem. Is you ex ok with all this and why won't he cause trouble over maintenance. It will be difficult to get it out of him if you are abroad.

kaplumba

Desperate for advice...
Well this is my pennyworth. If possible don't burn your boats. Rent your house out for a year and stay with your parents for that year just to see what it is like. As CJD said it may not be possible to leave the country with your child anyway. Also if your parents have not bought a property yet it may be some time before they can actually move in anyway. If you stay you must consider your child's future. He/she may wish to return to UK for work or further/higher education. It will be essential for you to find a school which educates to a European standard such as International Baccalaureate which will probably mean you need to find a private school.
This sounds like a difficult time for you - good luck.

PASH

Desperate for advice...
The grass is not always greener on the other side, i would give this an immense amount of thought, try renting for 6 months and get the feel of the place before commiting yourself to such a change!

foxxi

Desperate for advice...
You will have to have your ex husbands permission to take your
son out of the country, will this be a problem

Yes, a big problem.

I was going to go to a solicitor to see where I stood on this and for further advice.

I thought the matter would have been taken to a family court..and they would decide whether I could take my son or not (obviously I wouldnt go if the answer came back as a no). I was lead to believe that thry take into account each persons situation..I would have no family here at all as my parents would be going.

Please feel free to correct me if Im wrong.

foxxi

Desperate for advice...
Thankyou everyone..I am so glad that I wrote this..and all your help and advice has been taken onboard.

Things are just so rubbish here at the minute.. Im clearly not thinking straight..

Thanks again

CJD

Desperate for advice...
A friend of ours had to go to court because her x did not want
his daughter to reside in Turkey. It was expensive, messy and
although he capitulated, mainly because he did'nt want his personal
details dragged up, she had to return with her daughter to the Uk
for the school holidays which was expensive. Fathers have rights
and reasonable access is one of them.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom