Kanga

Demolition on bodrum peninsular
Over in Datca the awful 'chicken shed chalets' on the hillside above Kargi were removed a couple of weeks ago.
They were built very close together with no consideration for anything other than profit and there were no fire precautions or alarms despite having had several fires in the past. Had anyone been caught in a fire there they wouldn't have stood a chance.

McB

Çalışmalar, Gümbet, Yalıkavak, Türkbükü, Gündoğan, Gölköy ve Torba...

...in our 12 [Muğla] districts apart from Bodrum, we have determined 2,511 structures to be in violation of zoning regulations, and we have canceled the zoning certificate of 447 of them,”

So any body sitting in a property without an Iskan...?

Camden

I am glad to see the Bodrum 'Epique Island' project in Tilkicik bay Yalikavak has been cancelled, with its plans for a 12 acre infill a pier, and a piled floating concrete breakwater and three floating concrete docking for a 154 yachts. As Tilkicik Bay, hosts protected species such as Mediterranean monk seals and Posidonia oceanica meadows. This cancellation was all down to actions of the Yalikavak residents and environmentalists who took it to court in Ankara ...saying they only now want only small scale developments in keeping with the nature of the area.

Bodrum'daki 'Epique Island' projesinde deniz dolgusu ve marina plan? iptal edildi - Diken

https://www.seaforestlife.eu/en/project/the-poseidoneto/the-life-of-posidonia-oceanica.html

Last edited:

Andybutt

So where was the demolition in Torba? Talking to Torba taxi owner a couple of days ago and he said no one was affected. A few houses have been demolished in Guvercinlik.

Lillybean

Pleased to report an illegal extension diminishing neighbours amazing sea, Kos and castle views, got demolished. Central Bodrum ����.
Also beautiful high end property along Bodrum peninsula was bulldozed. Seems owners has just about finished furnishings and then the demolishing began ��.
Let’s hope rules don’t get changed to enable later ��

Hi,
The demolition of illegal builds is a sore point with us!
We have a court case in progress to try to get a substantial illegal extension removed on an adjoining house within a small site, which has lead to the dramatically impaired use and enjoyment of our Bodrum property.
We didnt expect the neighbour to do this, as we were told by the Belidiye that no extensions would be allowed.
We have had this property for about 20 years, as a holiday home, but were about to retire there.
Now everything is a mess!

Last edited:

Lugans

Hi. My neighbours illegal build was demolished by the Belediyesi... ��. However the site has not been cleared and left. Should the Belediyesi clear the materials or the owner. Awful mess..... Can I ask Belediyesi to enforce clearing or they do it?

Lugans

So sorry to hear.
Unsure why your going to court? If its an illegal build my understanding is you can report and complain to your Belediyesi, get a case number and paperwork, and they will first ask owner to remove, if not Belediyesi will remove. Wish you success.

Lugans

Update.. I'm putting a case into the Belediyesi to clear and sort what's left of demolished extension. 🤞they sort it out. At least the main extension is down!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom