Death wears a big hat, cause he's a big bloke.
When I was in London I read the following in a tragic article about a suicide.

“His devastated wife set up a tribute site on Facebook immediately after her husband’s death.”

Now we all grieve differently and I wouldn’t dream of criticising the wife’s response to her bereavement but…

But this just strikes me as wrong.

Does it seem off to anyone else, or is it just me?

(I think the word "immediately" is what strikes a discordant note with me, but maybe I am just out of touch with modern bereavement reactions. Or it may just be the reporters bad style.)

PASH

I think i would post it on TLF first:clap:

On a serious note, even as a very part time user of facebook, nothing on earth would possess me to "immediately" create a page on facebook for her.

Sailor

Personally I think it's wrong. Maybe to share your loss with friends etc is ok but with half the planet does'nt seem right.But then again the word "tribute" seems over the top as he is hardly that famous to let the whole world know how great he was.

teresa

Free Thinker
My niece has done this for my brother who died 2 years ago. I was quite shocked when one day I went onto Facebook and found a photo of my brother on the page and his full name, it took a moment for it to sink in.

Personally I found it odd and it is certainly not something I would do.

His ex wife, was the sort of lady who revelled in grieving etc, some people seem to enjoy funerals as much as weddings.

Last edited:
M

Mack

I dont see anything wrong with it at all, its kind of a wall of remembrance for the 21st century, plenty of people are quick enough to post their illnesses or woes on here and Im sure are helped by the kind responses and support, whats the difference?

Last edited:

LezliG

I dont see anything wrong with it at all, its kind of a wall of remembrance for the 21st century, plenty of people are quick enough to post their illnesses or woes on here and Im sure are helped by the kind responses and support, whats the difference?

I agree, there are specific websites set up just to remember your loved ones. It's just another way for people to remember, same as a gravestones really but as Mack say "21st century".

Clarecg

I agree, there are specific websites set up just to remember your loved ones. It's just another way for people to remember, same as a gravestones really but as Mack say "21st century".

and at least you wouldn't have to keep putting fresh flowers there in all weathers

I suppose it's one better than having a lighted candle out in the road and a yellow ribbon 'round the lamp-post.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom