edeller

Deal done :)
Very happy over here in not so sunny Berkshire, looks like I got Myself a Turkish deal on my dream holiday home!

Im happy to part with a deposit to show my commitment, should I see copy Tapu and Hab Cert first? Anything else?
Emma (wine in hand)
:cheers:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
well done, I would have the deposit and any contract notarised as a conditional payment subject to ..................... tapu hab cert etc

martin (cider in hand)

Pete&Mag

before you part with more than a token deposit,get yourself an english speaking independent solicitor. Absorb as much info from here as you can. Yes ,there are some horror stories,but there are also some very happy buyers too.
Is it a new build or resale? cocoa in hand

Pete

edeller

before you part with more than a token deposit,get yourself an english speaking independent solicitor. Absorb as much info from here as you can. Yes ,there are some horror stories,but there are also some very happy buyers too.
Is it a new build or resale? cocoa in hand

Pete

Resale, vendor is British.
Emma

val2661

Get a notarised contract for the deposit and your intent to purchase, subject to Military clearance, Tapu and Habitation certificates all being in order. You will need to have any contract that is notarised translated into Turkish. Good Luck and well done.

Val

edeller

Get a notarised contract for the deposit and your intent to purchase, subject to Military clearance, Tapu and Habitation certificates all being in order. You will need to have any contract that is notarised translated into Turkish. Good Luck and well done.

Val

Thank you Val, Im a bit thick, what does "notarised contract for the deposit" mean?

Do I just agree to pay subject to Military clearance, Tapu and Habitation certificates all being in order.....???

Emma

Pete&Mag

When you go to the notary's office to get the Contract (probably in Turkish ) witnessed they should translate what you are signing into English. For all you know your deposit conntract is non refundable/ and or commits you to purchase the property in full at a later date. If its in Turkish ,you wont have a clue . Best get a turkish solicitor.

val2661

A notarised contract is a contract which has been drawn up between yourself and the vendor which states what property you are buying. No contract in Turkey is considered legal unless it has been logged at the Notary's office. That is why it has to be in Turkish. It can be a very basic contract, just stating your intention to purchase the property, subject to the Tapu, Habitation Certificate being in order and that there is no Ipotek or charge on the property. You will either personally have to attend the notary's office to authorise/notarise this contract or give your lawyer Power of Attorney to do this for you.

At the Notary's office there will be a translator provided by the Notary (who you have to pay) who will translate the document from Turkish to English as you sign it.

Val

Last edited:

edeller

A notarised contract is a contract which has been drawn up between yourself and the vendor which states what property you are buying. No contract in Turkey is considered legal unless it has been logged at the Notary's office. That is why it has to be in Turkish. It can be a very basic contract, just stating your intention to purchase the property, subject to the Tapu, Habitation Certificate being in order and that there is no Ipotek or charge on the property. You will either personally have to attend the notary's office to authorise/notarise this contract or give your lawyer Power of Attorney to do this for you.

At the Notary's office there will be a translator provided by the Notary (who you have to pay) who will translate the document from Turkish to English as you sign it.

Val
Oh blimey!
Best get that solicitor before I part with any cash then!
Emma

nanamo

Congratulations Emma, hope it all goes well for you and you have lots of fun times in your new home. Please get a solicitor aboard, we got our fingers burnt and I'd hate it to happen to you.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Sunny here, large red wine in hand, as others have said, before you part with anything, get yourself an English/speaking Solicitor and have a legal document drawn up that will be notarised at the Tapu Office in Bodrum, there both Turkish and English contracts will be drawn up, and ensure that there is a Habitation certificate, Tapu (Mulkiyeti Box Ticked), you may find the attached link to this thread very useful. http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/tapu-dask-habitation-certificates/29299-tapu.html.

There is, as been said, before many useful tips on the forum to help guide you through the buying process. We have bought not far from Gumusluk and very happy to post that we had a hassle free experience and have got everything as mentioned on here, but, and this is a must but, there are those who unfortunately haven't had 'no hassle' and may thousands of pounds have been lost.

:kitapoku:

Emma I am not trying to shatter your high that you'll be feeling right now, been there and it is the most wonderful feeling, but tread very, very carefully and take little steps at a time along the way, making sure that your hard earned cash is safe, same as you would if buying anywhere else including our own UK

edeller

Sunny here, large red wine in hand, as others have said, before you part with anything, get yourself an English/speaking Solicitor and have a legal document drawn up that will be notarised at the Tapu Office in Bodrum, there both Turkish and English contracts will be drawn up, and ensure that there is a Habitation certificate, Tapu (Mulkiyeti Box Ticked), you may find the attached link to this thread very useful. http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/tapu-dask-habitation-certificates/29299-tapu.html.

There is, as been said, before many useful tips on the forum to help guide you through the buying process. We have bought not far from Gumusluk and very happy to post that we had a hassle free experience and have got everything as mentioned on here, but, and this is a must but, there are those who unfortunately haven't had 'no hassle' and may thousands of pounds have been lost.

:kitapoku:

Emma I am not trying to shatter your high that you'll be feeling right now, been there and it is the most wonderful feeling, but tread very, very carefully and take little steps at a time along the way, making sure that your hard earned cash is safe, same as you would if buying anywhere else including our own UK

Thank you, on the hunt for a solicitor as we speak.
Emma
xx

carolk

R.I.P
Congratulations!!. I hope you have many happy holidays in your dream home.

As everyone has said, please check all your documents are in order before you apply for your military permission.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Congratulations Emma. Remember what people have said on here, good advice from them.

Jeannie

Emma maybe someone who has purchased in the Bodrum area could reccomend a honest solicitor that they have had a good experience with. Good Luck

Latest Posts

Top Bottom