Day pass at Metro
Hi veryone, just thought I would let you all know Metro in Oba have stopped doing Day passes, we went today and couldn"t go in!! bit dissapointing after shopping there for 3 years, of course there is Kippa, and as far as I know you can only get a card if you are in a business or of course if you have a Makro(I think) card.

L

les&Tasha

Day pass at Metro
Hi Caz&Keith,

We have had a Metro card for years. You will need your Tapu, blue book and a passport photo. Thats all. There is no strict business requirement.

Les

JAYTEE

Day pass at Metro
Anybody know if the same applies to the Metro in Bodrum? Will be a shame if they've stop doing it at all Metro's.

Andywebb

Day pass at Metro
Might be worth trying again in Alanya. It could be because it was coming to the end of Ramadam. All the locals will have been stocking up for the holiday weekend. They will not want the hassle of the paperwork on entry and at the checkout.

We were also turfed out last week. May give it a try again this week now the holidays are over.

Gail

Day pass at Metro
I think you may find it is because of Ramadam, they wouldn't let us in the one in Bodrum last year at the same time.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Day pass at Metro
Got a Kipa card by asking at the desk. Got a Metro card by asking at the desk, quick photo and a few details and issued immediately. Automatically renewed at the check out counter when it runs out after six months. Thats our experience at Ortakent anyway.

Gail

Day pass at Metro
I have got a Metro card also from the one in Ortakent, they asked me if I wanted one when I went for a day pass and as Yalides has said, a photo and a few details and the card was ready.

zozatky

Day pass at Metro
No problems up here in Izmir. Just turn up & walk in Money is the only requirement...!!!!

moortenerife

moortenerife
Day pass at Metro
where in alanya is metro, also kippa. went the other day but we could not find them. had a bit of a wasted day really as we ended up on the beach but we think the beach in side is much nicer.

gren

Day pass at Metro
Excuse me for being ignorant but what are the advantages of either Kipa or Metro cards???
One can still shop at these places anyway...so whats the point please?

Day pass at Metro
Kipa is I think a normal supermarket but Metro is a cash and carry so most of the goods are packed in bulk and cheaper than most supermarkets but not always, its where restaurant owners small shop keepers get their stock.

We go to Metro when in Alanya and have a Makro card which is the equivalent in the UK, we had to take a business invoice if I remember rightly to be able to get a card.

We usually stock up on cans of pop, effes and wine, toilet rolls etc when we go as the kids get through so many soft drinks and we get through so much wine you can buy it by the tray or case and then shop locally for fruit veg and meat as and when as the packets in Metro are usually too big for us.

Jane

Day pass at Metro
where in alanya is metro, also kippa. went the other day but we could not find them. had a bit of a wasted day really as we ended up on the beach but we think the beach in side is much nicer.

Metro is on the main road heading towards Oba not the coast road, the main road that goes through the middle of Alanya just keep going and you will see signs for it, just before there are a couple of shopping centres one is Turkey equivilant to Tesco think its called Kippa and a bit further on is a large shopping centre which has large supermarket, toy shop, electrical shop and various clothes shops also a large cafe with about 10 different eateries, traditional and Burgerking etc.

Im sure someone will give you better directions I am rubbish.

Jane

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Day pass at Metro
Gren, at Metro we get a day pass, we are saved the KDV as appropriate to the items purchaesd, so i believe.

Steve.

gren

Day pass at Metro
Gren, at Metro we get a day pass, we are saved the KDV as appropriate to the items purchaesd, so i believe. Steve.

Yes, but that happens anyway when you shop there...
So what is the point of the card???

L

les&Tasha

Day pass at Metro
OK I will answer the questions raised.

Kippa and Metro are located on the main road D400 (known locally as the 35 metre road) which runs all along the coast.

Kippa is on the LHS as you drive out of Alanya. It is owned by Tesco so it stocks stuff you don't find at regular supermarkets (like HP sauce). You don't need a membership card. The alcoholic drinks section is good and popular with visitors but honestly it is just like the other supermarkets.

If you drive further along the D400 you will see Alanyum shopping centre on the LHS. There is a carrefour supermarket and the usual mall shops. The second floor food hall has a kids play area which is popular with my kids because it is air conditioned.

About 400m beyond Alanyum there is a set of traffic lights. Turn left here and Metro is straight in front of you. Metro used to be a cash and carry wholesalers. When it first opened you needed a membership card. You could not buy one of anything you had to buy a case. Now it is becoming a supermarket. You can buy a single bottle of coke - not a case and the prices are the same (if not more) than in Makro or Migros. There is also a clothes and garden furniture section!

We shop there for meat and fish (as do most of the cafes) If you buy catering packs and have a freezer it is cheaper. The fish is very good, it is fresh because the turnover is high.

You get a VAT (KDV) invoice at Metro but you still pay the KDV. Only if you have a KDV registered business can you use this invoice on your input tax.

If you shop regularly at Metro it is easier to get a card. They are not strict about this anymore. Officially it is still a cash and carry so if you have not got a card you can be turned away...

Les

Latest Posts

Top Bottom