Davethebus
:3: Hi everyone. :24: At long last I have made it to Tinky. First of all I would like to thank the folk who turned up at Cafe More on the Saturday night.I couldnt have been made more welcome if I was royalty.Then it was down to Valentines where Pennie and her large entourage turned up.All in all a most pleasant evening.It was a pity that I was so tired that I had to retire at midnight.Still cant believe the copious amounts of food that was consumed at Cafe More.
Next I want to thank Ms Who and her partner Murat for all the help they have given me since I have been here.THey have had me under their wings since stepping off the plane.There has not been one thing that I have had to do for myself.God help me when they let me loose on the scene in Tinky.Will I cope??? With people like you lot I think I will.Encountered nothing but kindness and friendship since I have been here.
Also a special thank you to the people at the Rising Sun.Great people.Thanks to Janie and Ozzie.
If I have forgotten anybody I apologise Oh sorry.Forgetting the GIRLS at The Cafe De M..Had quite a few laughs there in the afternoons.THANKS AGAIN.
Now marks out of 100 for Kym and Murat and TURKISH NEW HOMES.If it wasposible to give them 200% I would.Must be one of the most helpful and personal companies in Tinky.Again THANKS KYM AND MURAT.
Looking forward to meeting a lot more of you over the coming weeks.
Best wishes to all of you
Davethebus or should it be davethedolmus.

Higgy

Higgy
Davethebus
Pity Ms Who got you a place you could have rented ours in Mavisehir, I am just pleased you have been sorted.

Higgy

Gail

Davethebus
Hi Dave, that's great news that you are there and getting settled in with loads of help. I hope you have a great time in Altinkum and a fab first Summer. I am going to go up to Altinkum in May to meet up with some of the "trouble makers" from here :wink: you know Trev, San, Jeanne (that lot :wink: ). We can maybe get together for a drink and you can get to meet lots more people.

jeanne

Davethebus
Moi - trouble :angel: It's that San & Trev who lead me astray :29: San swears at everyone and trev nick all the spoons :lmao: :lmao:

Trevor

Davethebus
I must defend my honour!! My spoon club is a bona fide organisation dedicated to saving unfortunate spoons that have fallen on hard times, abused by tea and coffee drinkers alike, plunged into hot liquids then swirled around until they are dizzy then deposited onto either the floor or a thing called a saucer!! The worst case I heard lately was of one spoon from the chill out bar that was plunged into a dark moist atmosphere and jiggled about until it was sick (oh, was that the one in your manks pocket jeanne?) :wink: :tongue:

Pennie

Davethebus
Dave,
beware that lot above when they descend on Tinky. They led me terribly astray last time we met up.
Seriously though, if you are up for a laugh, the best thing you can do is meet Jeanne, Trev and co next time they are over, not forgetting San and Bruce.
Remember when you get on the dolmus to come here, you get off at Ekin Insaat.
Talk soon

Pennie xxx

jeanne

Davethebus
trev, a response from steve........

"In my defence I have saved a spoon from caffine addiction and sleepless nights, so it can now enjoy a peacefull life in the spoon draw in Salford to be used only to stir the ice in the JD"

PS: .. trev does (and openly admits) suffer from kleptomania

Last edited:

jeanne

Davethebus
Pennie said:
Dave,
beware that lot above when they descend on Tinky. They led me terribly astray last time we met up.
Seriously though, if you are up for a laugh, the best thing you can do is meet Jeanne, Trev and co next time they are over, not forgetting San and Bruce.
Remember when you get on the dolmus to come here, you get off at Ekin Insaat.
Talk soon

Pennie xxx

It gets worse :bash: we're bringing another Salfordian (we're not mancs) out with us...but hey pennie another cream egg in the luggage :52:

Davethebus
Hi Dave

Glad to hear that things are continuing to go well for you in Altinkum - you certainly have the right attitude. Kym and Murrat are ever helpful and are always willing to assist in any situation even accompanying us to Aydin to buy our car. Kym will even tell you a good hairdresser to go to if you want to take her up on the offer.

Murrat is actually a very brave man as he accompanied me the first time I drove from Izmir airport to Altinkum. What I failed to tell him was that although I have been driving for over twenty years I only have an automatic licence (can't understand gears). I had never driven said car before and coming from the North of Scotland I had never driven on a motorway. He never flinched!

Hope to see you soon.
Veronica

Gail

Davethebus
Dave, I rest my case - I am even going to put Higgy and Pennie in the same category as this lot - although Ken and Veronica do seem like a very nice and sane couple - Oops just read the post again, maybe Ken is the sane one in that relationship :wink: :wink:

wiuru

Davethebus
Well done Dave, we have been absent on her for a while due to up and coming house move on the 30th of this month (March), we were frantically looking somewhere suitable here to rent for son and his girlfriend to keep on (nightmare) fussy pair, lol. So the sale and completion date was set and we had nowhere to go......Finally settled on a lovely small apartment 1st floor above my sister (so she can keep a watchfull eye on them and feed them), lol. We feel happy to leave them now and will be booking our flights end of this month for one way ticket beginning of May. Son and his girlfriend will be over as soon as there exams are over in June, sister in July daughter and family in August eldest son and family September, Aunty and friends Oct...........So looking forward to a month on our own in November and home for a visit at Christmas, phew lol.

Hope to see you at the big get together on the 12 May, all the very best with your new life I am sure you will be kept busy and entertained by the many friends you have met and are yet to meet.

Anne..xx

Pennie

Davethebus
jeanne said:
It gets worse :bash: we're bringing another Salfordian (we're not mancs) out with us...but hey pennie another cream egg in the luggage :52:

Ooh you little angel......promise not to tell Beth though cause she'll nick em

Pennie

Davethebus
Gail said:
Dave, I rest my case - I am even going to put Higgy and Pennie in the same category as this lot - although Ken and Veronica do seem like a very nice and sane couple - Oops just read the post again, maybe Ken is the sane one in that relationship :wink: :wink:

Cheeky moo :moonie:
:angel: thats me...ask anyone

Pennie xxx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom