Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Daughters Wedding Suggestions Needed
Hi All

My daughter is planning to get married(Irish Partner) in Turgutreis September 2010. It will be a civil cermony. She is looking for ideas for a romantic location. We were told there is a little Greek church in Gumusluk. Does anyone know if they allow cermonies there. We are also looking for suggestions for a special location for her wedding party of about 40(Turgutreis area). Any suggestions that will help to make her day special are very welcome.

Thanks in anticipation

Maura

mollag

Kipper restorer
We attended a civil Turkish/english wedding in Bodrum Castle, what a location with the turkish groom dressed as a Crusader a really memorable day!

Will try find out about the church tomorrow not sure if it can be used for weddings,and if it were it would be civil only I would think.

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Thank you all for your replies, it is much appreciated. Ken thank you for taking the trouble to check out the church for us.

Maura

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
We attended a civil Turkish/english wedding in Bodrum Castle, what a location with the turkish groom dressed as a Crusader a really memorable day!

I have seen pics of weddings at Bodrum Castle. Looks a fantastic venue but I bet it doesn't come cheap!!!!

Have visited a couple of times and just think it is a fantastic place!!!

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
my friend is getting married in October at the marina in Turgutreis, there are a couple of restaurants there which I am sure would be able to cater for 40 people

lolabean

Hi

There is a lady who is a member of the forum who is a wedding planner in Turkey although i`m not sure what area. Think her name is Alison.

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
Hi Maura,
They must firstly go to the local Registery office at home and get letters stating that they are free to marry. Then they have to go to Izmir. I'm trying to find out where in Izmir and what paperwork they need to get there, also how much notice they need to give in Izmir.

Someone else said they need a letter from a doctor here in Turkey saying that they as foreigners, are exempt from a blood test. Maybe there are some members here on TLF who have been through the process and might be along here soon with more information.

I agree with Bodrum Castle for the ceremony. They should go and take a look at it when they come out. The restaurants in the marina in Turgutreis are very good and also Gumusluk is stunning. They will be spoiled for choice.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Sabanci Park is a lovely place for a wedding and they also have a restaurant

I agree....very well kept park, lots of flowers and views of the sea as the park borders it. The restaurant has great food and you could negotiate a deal regarding prices with that many.

Biker Bob

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Thanks everyone for your helpful ideas. Samimi do you exactly why they need to do in Izmir?

Maura

eklisia

Hi Maura,

My name is Eren. We run the church in Gumusluk as a cultural centre, but we do rent it out for weddings also. If you have not already found a location please contact me to discuss further.

Thanks,

Eren
0 538 418 03 73

steve smith

The Mayor of Gumbet
Bodrum Castle is great but there is only a very small part you can use, and not much change from a grand!

amanda

Hello, I have a balloon design business and Live in Turgutreis, so if you need wedding balloon arches and balloon table decoration let me know. I can send some pictures that will give you an idea if your not quite sure.

the beach?
Must be lovely to have a wedding on the beach

Our son's wedding on Turgetries beach 2 years ago (10th October) was wonderful, it was late in the afternoon and the photographer caught the sun going down, it looked like my daughter in law was actually holding the sun

hhsegibs

Can you help me. I am staying in Turgutreis and i am getting married on 31st July. I have a wedding planner but I have booked the cermony only package so I am looking for a venue the beach sounds great. How did they organise this and do you know the approx price. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom