CanadaMom

Daughter stung - need medication name
My daughter was stung 2 days ago by a wasp - still very itchy and painful. I need to go to the eczane and get a cream - does anyone know the brand of Benadryl here? Thanks for the help.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Most chemists speak some English and should be able to give you something suitable.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Surely if your daughter was stung 2 days ago you should go to the eczane straight away and not wait for answers on a forum !!
Most chemist speak english and will know what to prescribe
Your daughter could have had a serious reaction and the result could have been dangerous
:11:

CanadaMom

No need to attack without knowing any facts - it sounds like you might be accusing me of being a bad mother - but I very sure (i.e. assuming) that was not your intention. thank you so much for you kind, considerate and helpful words.

PS Are you offering to drive me - we are quite out of the way. My father-in-law is eldery, drives when he wants to and doesn,t let others drıve his car. I had the flu yesterday so couldn,t get on the dolmuş. We were in town when it happened for many hours with no ill effect to her besides the red blotch on her arm. My deepest apologies for having offended your sensibilities. I,ll stop now before I say something I actually regret.

Hi there
in addition to the cream you should also get some antihistamine tabs and if the sting is still swollen and she has been scratching it the bite could get infected, so also think of antbioitc tabs too.
Since she has had this reaction you should always have a kit for her of the things ive recommended just in case. İ dont want to alarm you but a more severe reaction is a possibility if she was stung again. How old is she?
İ hope she is getting over it and you are ok yourself, its bad enough having a problem on home ground, but twice as bad when in a strange place.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
No need to attack without knowing any facts - it sounds like you might be accusing me of being a bad mother - but I very sure (i.e. assuming) that was not your intention. thank you so much for you kind, considerate and helpful words.

PS Are you offering to drive me - we are quite out of the way. My father-in-law is eldery, drives when he wants to and doesn,t let others drıve his car. I had the flu yesterday so couldn,t get on the dolmuş. We were in town when it happened for many hours with no ill effect to her besides the red blotch on her arm. My deepest apologies for having offended your sensibilities. I,ll stop now before I say something I actually regret.

I am not attacking you or accusing you of being a bad Mother - very touchy arnt you !
I was just pointing out that this could have been much worse than it is - as Shirley says in her post after mine
I do not know your personal circumstances - but if you were in town when this happened you could have got the cream to be on the safe side
Hope you are recovering from the flu :25:

By the way if it was urgent then YES I would have offered to drive or even go to the chemist myself for you as I have just realised that you are near to Yalikavak so would have been no problem for me !

Last edited:

pldouglas

When I was a child and living way out in the countryside, we were often stung by wasps when we played in the orchard, my Mother used to soak cotten wool with vinager and apply to the sting - seemed to work in the absense of antihystamine.

Does Grandad care more about his car then your daughter?

tjd

I can't believe this thread, someone comes on asking for some advice and gets blasted.

Calm down everyone - most of us parents are fit enough to make our own decisions and know we're responsible for our children and their welfare.

Can we get this forum back on the straight and narrow please?

Rant over!

Last edited:
I apologise to Canadamom. I agree with you tjd. I will think before I respond next time.

willip

willip
A few people are highly allergic to the venom from wasp or bee stings,this can cause a generalised reaction all over your body i:e blotchy rash swelling of the face, tongue and throat. once you have had a reaction the next time it is worst. I was the same as your Daughter so i went to the Doctors and he perscribed an adrenaline pen called an Epipen, i have to carry one around with me and leave one at the villa in case i need it. not sure what it is called in Turkish but i am sure they will sell them in the chemist. hope your Daughter is feeling better Pat

Last edited:

waterbaby

Hope your daughter is ok now canadamom. Maybe a good idea to keep some antihistamines at home incase of future probs and maybe get her checked to see if she is allergic and get one of those pens that were mentioned. Hope you have recovered form the flu too. x

Latest Posts

Top Bottom