villaolivio

villaolivio
Datca Yacht Club?
Anybody knows what happened with the Datca Yacht Club in the Harbour?
It was open in may, but closed during our last visit in August......

kaplumba

Datca Yacht Club?
It was closed on my last visit too 6 weeks ago. I am here now but haven't been to the harbour yet. I thought when it opened in April it wasn't quite right for Datca - too big, loud and brassy. I'll let you know later.

Datca Yacht Club?
It was built without proper permission and encroached on land owned by the belidyere (who owns what in the harbour is a nightmare!!) who closed it down. An appeal was made offering to move the frontage back but it was refused and it will not be re-opening. The whole affair afforded a lot of sly amusement to those of us who know the people concerned - and their track records! Enough said!!

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Datca Yacht Club?
Whilst I am pleased that they have closed a building that is 'not legal', it seems a shame they have chosen one, that in my opinion, together with Culinarium was one of the best looking sites on the harbour!! There are plenty of other eyesores around that could have been dealt with first!!

Datca Yacht Club?
I agree it looked nice, especially compared to the mess further round where the bars/restaurants were part-dismantled 18 months ago. Have not heard anything about further development there.

kaplumba

Datca Yacht Club?
I noticed that it comprises of 2 bars the large one and then a smaller bar at the side, that one was open last night. I agree that it is stupid to shut it down as now there is a shut down building in one of the most prominent positions in the harbour.

kaplumba

Datca Yacht Club?
Sorry about back to back posting but have news for Jeroen. The Yacht Club is now open again. I take back what I said about it as tonight it looked very nice with attractive lighting and quiet music. They made a few alterations to it to suit the planning restrictions. Last time I saw it open was on it's first night and of course it was all singing and dancing with bells on and loud music and seemed so out of place but now it's ok. We didn't go in but maybe another time.

Datca Yacht Club?
Well Jane, it just goes to show that nothing is ever straightforward in Datca!!!! will be in the harbour next week so will take a walk past.

Datca Yacht Club?
Hi guys, the DYC is an upmarket bar, good decor and position at the harbour, it's not just for Yachties. We went in for a drink in early May and found it a tad expensive. All the same it is a good looking bar.

kaplumba

Datca Yacht Club?
I'm not sure I can see the need for very smart bars. I loved the old slightly rustic Datca of 16 or so years ago and I am starting to see signs of it becoming a mini Marmaris. If it changes too much more I will probably clear off. There used to be a little shack by the sea near my house which was a bar often with a live saz player. It was a magical place with a million times more atmosphere than this Yacht Club. They served food there in the evenings on a pontoon in the sea and it was so dark that shooting stars were very noticeable. We weren't sure of the name so always called it the Twinkly Star bar. The family running it were lovely and I had to speak Turkish as they spoke no English. We just loved it there and prices were low. This year it was pulled down as it was illegal, such a shame it was very small and romantic. Worse still lots of the rubble was left there and now instead of a quaint little bar there are heaps of rubble on the beach.

Datca Yacht Club?
Yes Jane - lovely place and I know the family very well. They are very hardworking - errr let me rephrase that! the wife is very hardworking!! - and trying their best to give their children a good start in life. The middle daughter is very bright and wants to go to university which will be extremely difficult for the family to afford. It's the same legal situation as the Yacht Club but of course this family don't have the resources for the required back-handers!!!!!!!

villaolivio

villaolivio
Datca Yacht Club?
good to hear it re-opened.
I hope indeed the guys will respect the datca atmosphere.

I'll be back in november to finisch our works!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom