kaplumba

Datca rats part 2
Before you get excited, this is about the four legged ones!
A while back I posted about the problem with rats and the new mains sewer system. The rats use this as an easy way in to the houses. Well I have now had a run in with them - aghhhhh. One called Mike (will explain this later) chewed the concertina type pipe in the toilet which of course caused the loo to leak all over the floor when it was flushed. The rats haven't got into my house but they were having fun in the base of the loo and from the size of the droppings they were HUGE!!! Mine is the fourth house on our site of 14 to have this problem. The manager has had flaps fitted in the drains to try to stop them and will now bw looking into other methods. We didn't have this problem when we had a cess pit. I am not keen on the over use of bleach but am now using copious amounts in the hope that they don't like it. We also have large rocks on the toilets covers! The first plumber was only willing to repair it with the same kind of pipe which of course was no good. So we called another who has fitted a smooth pipe that they can't chew.
As for calling the rat Mike (I'm sure there are many Mike's). My lovely neighbour realised I had a rat problem when he saw the plumber arrive and told me I had Mike - mice. It took me a couple of minutes to realise who Mike was!!!
Any way I have posted this to alert all you folk with Datca houses to be aware of the problem - don't leave any food in your houses when you are not there and put rocks on your loo seats. There is a possibility that they will come in through washing machines and dishwashers too so I am looking in to a way of blocking these when I am away.

Last edited:

villaolivio

villaolivio
Datca rats part 2
One of our friends had the same problem in yalikavak.
The rats eat the complete bed...what a mess it was inside!

steve & sue

Datca rats part 2
Imagine if this happened to you!!!!

A LONDON woman was horrified as a plague of rats emerged from her toilet as she sat on the loo.

One of the rodents sank its teeth into her bum and the terrified 55-year-old was forced to fend off the rest of the pack with a toilet plunger and a bottle of bleach.

Maxine Killingback, who lives alone in Deptford, initially felt a bite at the top of her leg and leapt up in horror, falling over in the process.

She grabbed a toilet plunger and managed to drown the lead rat before barricading the toilet bowl to stop the rest of the pack from spilling out into her bathroom.
The householder, from Creek Road, said: "You don't expect to sit down to spend a penny and be bitten by a rat.

"It just felt like someone had put a needle in me. When I jumped up it seemed to still have a hold on me."

She tried flushing the toilet chain twice but the rat was undeterred.

Ms Killingback added: "It was a big, black one, seven or eight inches long.

"It was trying to climb up but it kept sliding back down. I put a plunger down the toilet but it kept trying to get out.

"Then there were more coming up, I could see their noses poking through the gap.

"I just put two big boxes of washing powder and other things on top of the toilet to block it and shut the bathroom door.

"I've never known anything like it."

Datca rats part 2
Yuk yuk yuk! we once had a rat in our UK lounge it had got in by the washing machine outlet. Peter chased it around the room with a floor mop stunned it and my son bashed it's brains out with a metal file! horrid experience!

aysel

Datca rats part 2
Geçmiş olsun kaplumba ,they have done the leak in the second floor toilet havent they'!

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Datca rats part 2
Lt seems such a waste of rat,just to dispose of them,when there are many ways in cooking a rat.Rat cuisine is the future food for the credit crunch victims,and there are so many ways to cook a rat,you can barbecue it,boil it,broil it,bake it,saute it,rat kebabs,rat Creole,rat dumplings,pan fried,deep fried rat,stir fried.There’s pineapple rat,lemon rat,coconut rat,pepper rat,rat soup,rat stew,rat salad,rat and potatoes in gravy,quarter pounder rat burger with the whiskers[they come as extra] rat sandwich,”well”!,l think that’s about it,apart from the ratatouille as optional..
But don't tell Baba..in the classic film of Forest Gump,he might get some idea's of opening up a Restaurant here in Turkey and call it the rats nest

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Datca rats part 2
One of the rodents sank its teeth into her bum and the terrified 55-year-old was forced to fend off the rest of the pack with a toilet plunger and a bottle of bleach.
:77wu: I AM really sorry, but I couldn't help laughing when I got to the sink plunger and bleach bit. He ought to have made a 'clean' getaway, LOL!

In truth, if it happened to me, I would need therapy after. I would get myself a bag of cement and a chemical loo, because my southern region would not be perched on the normal loo again. :wow:

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Datca rats part 2
Lt seems such a waste of rat,just to dispose of them,when there are many ways in cooking a rat.Rat cuisine is the future food for the credit crunch victims,and there are so many ways to cook a rat,you can barbecue it,boil it,broil it,bake it,saute it,rat kebabs,rat Creole,rat dumplings,pan fried,deep fried rat,stir fried.There’s pineapple rat,lemon rat,coconut rat,pepper rat,rat soup,rat stew,rat salad,rat and potatoes in gravy,quarter pounder rat burger with the whiskers[they come as extra] rat sandwich,”well”!,l think that’s about it,apart from the ratatouille as optional..
But don't tell Baba..in the classic film of Forest Gump,he might get some idea's of opening up a Restaurant here in Turkey and call it the rats nest

Bob, I don't believe it!! :wow: This is the man who told me off when I suggested the snails that filled his garden would be nice cooked with some garlic butter!! :77wu:

Sorry, back to topic. :focus:

Last edited:
Datca rats part 2
just bac from datca and on our site no sign of any furry friends......... I was however greeted by two cockroaches in the bathroom so if the rats do appear they can fight among themselves for possession of the bathroom...I will be using the one upstairs !!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom