SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Datca Peninsular - FAB PHOTO!
Just had to share this photo taken by a friend who is a pilot as he flew over our part of the World. I just love it. The Island is Symi. As you follow the peninsular along you can see a very narrow section (isthmus), in ancient times they had wanted to blast a channel through for shipping - thank goodness they didn't as it would have opened up the Gulf of Hisaranou considerably.

Datca Peninsular.jpg

Great photo SJ! In one of my books it describes the cutting, but says it was for defense from the tribes invading from the east rather than for shipping. The author and says that you can still see it, but I've never had the opportunity to look for it. It would need to be winter as the trees and scrub are more or less inpenetrable this time of the year, and lots of snakes etc!

Last edited:

demi

What a stunning picture!

3 weeks ( well, 20 days) until I get there!! Am trying hard not to think about it!

JBK44

Well our last trip to Datca of 2012 just days away, lots of small jobs to do but I'm going to make some time for enjoying the area once again. Thanks for all the photos which are great to look at when we are in the rain of the UK.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom