Thechefster

Datca Maps or tourism information
Hi All!

I will be staying at my new property at golden sands golf, Kizlan, Datca, during June this year (2009).

I am thinking of hiring a car and would very much like some information or detailed maps of the peninsula. Anyone know where I can find this type of info?

Many thanks

Fastlady

If you rent a car they will most likely be able to give you a map. Otherwise the tourist shops sell reasonable maps - not sure how detailed you want but bear in mind there aren't that many real 'roads' in the area. I have quite a good one which I've had a few years but I've seen it on sale in many different outlets - it has a Marmaris map and map of the Bozburun peninsula on one side and on the other is a map of 'sea routes' around the area. Sorry can't be more specific on outlets but I'm sure you'll find one no problem.

Thechefster

Thanks for that, I'll keep a look out in the tourist shops. I've heard it's difficult to get lost but I'll probably beat the odds.:3:

Exactly!!!!What would the water bill be like???But wish you lots of lovely times in Kizlan as we have watched these houses etc being built so glad to hear they are ready.Datca is a lovely place which youwill have fun getting to know.Are many of the houses finished now?
It is quite a straightforward road from airport to Datca but as was mentioned you should get a map with a car if you hire one.The drive is picturesque especially after Marmaris over the mountains.
Bye for now.

Thechefster

The golf course is to be a 9-hole professionally designed course, complete with clubhouse, adjacent to the golden sands complex. It is supposed to be similar in design to the course in Dubai; putting greens and sand fairways. The developer has promised its completion by early 2010.
The properties at golden sands are mostly finished with the majority of the work now being carried out on the pools, reception etc.
We can't wait to get out there and explore.

Any information on events, things to see, nice restaurants, watersports etc would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Welcome to TLF Thechefster, reiterating what Ruthiebabes has already said, hope you enjoy your stay in Datca. We have also bought a property there four years ago only on a different complex, same builders as yourselves. There are a couple of wee stationery shops in the main street where you will probably be able to purchase a map of the local area. We are also going out from Belfast beginning of June, hope you enjoy your holiday.:roundgrin

Last edited:
The golf course is to be a 9-hole professionally designed course, complete with clubhouse, adjacent to the golden sands complex. It is supposed to be similar in design to the course in Dubai; putting greens and sand fairways. The developer has promised its completion by early 2010.
The properties at golden sands are mostly finished with the majority of the work now being carried out on the pools, reception etc.
We can't wait to get out there and explore.

Any information on events, things to see, nice restaurants, watersports etc would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Water is a major issue. Many people have bought land to build and then discovered, despite assurances to the contrary from their emlak or developer, that they cannot get mains water supply - they have to have a water depot and pay for tanker delivery. A golf course is going to need a lot of tankers!!! I don't think so.

Hi again, yes loads to see and do.There are many restaurants in and around Datca down by the harbour and around the streets.Many different beaches and coves which can be reached by dolmas buses which are a brilliant means of transport.There is also a small new waterpark not far from Kizlam which makes a great day out.
There is a wind surfing school at the beach in datca but really exploring is all part of the fun and like Doreen we bought 4 years ago and have not regretted it for a second, we just love it!!
We will also be out end of June so may see you about!Bye for now

villaolivio

villaolivio
I bought a good map of the datca area at a tankstation!
Good news about golfcourse.

I'll be in datca next week for further restauration of our old olive mill.
Looking forward to it very much...although I'm gonna miss my lovely daughter

Jeroen

blue nose

Hi

As most people have said it is difficult to get lost in and around Datca. I am not sure if you have booked your car hire yet but I can recommend Proper Car Rental Car rental Bodrum, Turkey, Dalaman, Izmir, Antalya, Istanbul, Ankara airport

We use them all the time and they are reliable and reasonably priced. They are based a few minutes from Dalaman Airport and they meet you at the airport and then on the way home you drop the car back off at the airport. They offer a 24 hour service and are excellent.

We have had our apartment in Datca for a few years now and love the place. The one thing to make it perfect for me would be a golf course so I really hope the course is ready next year because I will then be in holiday heaven.

We are also over in June so we may bump into you.

Really hope you enjoy your apartment

Thechefster

Thanks for that information on car hire, that looks perfect considering our early morning arrival from Belfast. I'll have a look on their website.

I was talking to developer a few days ago and golf course still on track for next year. Apparently, water won't be an issue, as the ground will be serviced by its own wells.

kaplumba

Looks like another little get together and sing song in the Mir mir is required!!
What are everyone's dates?

Thanks for that information on car hire, that looks perfect considering our early morning arrival from Belfast. I'll have a look on their website.

I was talking to developer a few days ago and golf course still on track for next year. Apparently, water won't be an issue, as the ground will be serviced by its own wells.

Local permission has to be granted for a well. If the choice is sufficient water for local agriculture and residents, ie essential use, or a golf course, ie non-essential use, I think you can guess which the Muktar will choose. This has been an issue for some time in Hizrasah and Kizlan (as your developer knows)and as I said in my earlier post permission for residential mains connection has been refused, as has the construction of new wells. In addition the construction of swimming pools is now forbidden in these areas.

Water supply is an increasingly sensitive topic in the Datca peninsular. Try asking residents rather than summer visitors what they think of a golf course which will further deplete it; tip of the day - wear a flak jacket and a hard hat.

Thechefster

Water load of pessimism over the golf course ha ha. Hey, if it happens great, if not, I'm sure we'll enjoy Datca regardless.

blue nose

I think we have a lot of non golfers on the site. I realise that water is a sensitive issue however it is also a problem in other parts of Turkey, Dubai, Spain and Portugal but they all seem to have managed to build golf courses. Golf courses also attract more tourists which is good for the local economy so it's not all bad.
Sometimes I think people just don't like change but the one certainty in life is that things change

Latest Posts

Top Bottom