villaolivio

villaolivio
Datca Golfcourse
Does anybody know the current status of the Datca Golfcourse?
Is it in use already?

Does somebody has a contactperson or website for me of the course?

Thanks for you help

Jeroen

Datca Golfcourse
If you visit the site you will get a fair idea of how much is yet to be done.

My friend has just returned from Datca and has been told by the developers sister that there is a sale on the properties this weekend as people who had paid deposits have now backed out.

Anyone from NI see Sunday Life consumer page last weekend?...complaint re getting refunds on deposits so things may be slower than expected

kaplumba

Datca Golfcourse
Residential Development for sale in Datca - Find a Property

Here is a link Jeroen. I thought it was rather poor that the advertisers couldn't spell Datca or peninsula. Husband went to have a look when I was enjoying myself on a boat trip. We were interested as photos of our house were used to advertise it. He said it looked far from ready with no sign of a golf course. I feel very sorry for those who have purchased as the houses were supposed to be ready now.

Datca Golfcourse
Residential Development for sale in Datca - Find a Property

Here is a link Jeroen. I thought it was rather poor that the advertisers couldn't spell Datca or peninsula. Husband went to have a look when I was enjoying myself on a boat trip. We were interested as photos of our house were used to advertise it. He said it looked far from ready with no sign of a golf course. I feel very sorry for those who have purchased as the houses were supposed to be ready now.

Jane, how can they use a photo of your house - you live in Datca not Kizlan! Tried but unable to open the link.

kaplumba

Datca Golfcourse
Oh I know Linda but I'm kind of getting used to photos of my house popping up on the internet. Interior shots of it with my stuff in the bathroom were posted on the web a few years ago by an agent in Kusadasi trying to sell it!!!!! I still have no idea how they got in while I was staying there. Nothing surprises me any more. I think the architect designed my house and the ones at Kislan are similar. So they used mine and others on the complex as examples of previous developments.
Golden Sands Golf Resort - Development of Apartments and Villas in Datca Turkey by Anglo Turkish Holiday Homes
Here's another link.
I don't recognise the lovely green golf course by the sea as being anwhere on the Datca peninsula though.

Last edited:

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Datca Golfcourse
It is terrible as to how many people have been misled. This project should never of had permission given in the first place, not for Datca let alone the very rural area of Kizlan. As for the picture of the golf course!! Looks more like the Green, Green Isle than this part of the world!

Lets hope that those who have invested todate are able to get deposits returned?? Good Luck.

Datca Golfcourse
It is terrible as to how many people have been misled. This project should never of had permission given in the first place, not for Datca let alone the very rural area of Kizlan. As for the picture of the golf course!! Looks more like the Green, Green Isle than this part of the world!

Lets hope that those who have invested todate are able to get deposits returned?? Good Luck.

I agree permission should not have been given, and I understand the developer is seeking further permission to build another 500 units. Given the amount of unsold property available and the ecological sensitivity of the area one can only hope that common sense will prevail and permission refused.

As for the golf course; my feelings on the subject have already been well aired in another thread - perhaps someone can post the link, too technical for me! Strange we haven't heard anything from the original poster of that thread for a while?

Datca Golfcourse
Sonnyjim.....the picture refers to one in Donaghadee according to one of our residents who recognised it.

As for refunds KP some are pursuing through the courts.

My wish is also that no one loses financially or that Datca is dragged through the papers as a result of this whole farce.

Thechefster

Datca Golfcourse
I agree permission should not have been given, and I understand the developer is seeking further permission to build another 500 units. Given the amount of unsold property available and the ecological sensitivity of the area one can only hope that common sense will prevail and permission refused.

As for the golf course; my feelings on the subject have already been well aired in another thread - perhaps someone can post the link, too technical for me! Strange we haven't heard anything from the original poster of that thread for a while?

Yes, it's true, I, the original poster of that thread, have been very quiet lately but have been following the various threads with great interest.
I was, and still am, very enthusiastic with our new property and the Datca area. However, I was becoming tired with the negativity and ill-feeling shown towards the project. I almost felt as if I should be apologising for buying a house in the area. It's strange though, that I haven't had any negative thoughts from locals, real locals that is, not x-pats who feel they have a divine right to keep the area to themselves.

I was out in August and hopefully, i won't disappoint too many people, but our villa is stunning. Far from wanting our deposit back, we are delighted with the project. Yes, the site may not be finished and a very small percentage of 'investors' are trying to break their contracts, but isn't this a reflection of what's happening all over the world (e.g. titanic quarter, Belfast). The world wide slump in property sales has affected every property developer the world over. The site is nearing completion and it is gong to be stunning. All resources available are being directed towards completing all the building work, such as; Reception and Restaurants. I am advised from an independent, very reliable source, that there is enough money to finish the project. I spoke with the developer recently and no mention of another 500 properties. Has this comment any substance Yildez?

As for the golf course, (I can almost hear the howls of disgust), If it happens, when it happens, I really don't care! The complex will be stunning without it. However, I am led to believe, when further properties are sold, (70% remaining), this will finance the golf course. It will be maybe, 1 year, 2years away, or maybe never.

Good to be back!
:clap:

Datca Golfcourse
Hi Chefster, am glad that you're happy with your villa and that the site will be finished. However I do think that selling the remaining properties will be a headache as there is so much for sale in Datca, including some real bargains. As to another 500, I heard that outline permission had been applied for some time ago - but who knows? this is Datca! In any case we have a new Mayor now who seems to be taking a much stronger line with planning permission generally and particularly with illegal builds.

villaolivio

villaolivio
Datca Golfcourse
Hi chefster,

Good to see you are happy with your property!
It must be a great location and I will visit it next time when we are in Datca.

Take care

jeroen

Thechefster

Datca Golfcourse
Here's a link which shows some of the finished properties. This site is by the agent who will eventually be responsible for renting the properties. Hope this gives you an idea of how the project is progressing.
Goldcrest Resorts

Datca Golfcourse
Hi Chefster

The villas are stunning and the apartments look good too. Not sure about the finiancial stability part and some of the comments from the Riveria folk are based on our knowledge/dealings with the agent but each project should be judged on its own merits.

I wish you well in your property. Datca is a lovely place and I know you will love it and like us will meet and befriend some of the locals. Its matters not to me if there is or isn't a golf course or restaurant or whatever as long as you are happy and get what you were promised it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Enjoy

Thechefster

Datca Golfcourse
Thanks Emerald lady,
I think the financial stability of project is always a worry until it's finished. I suppose with so many builders going bust, we can at least be grateful that we're nearly there.
I think one of the issues was the time it was taking for buyers to complete a Turkish mortgage, this led to a reduction in the amount of workers on the site; (160 in June and only 30 in August). Again, this is simply another result of the world-wide credit crunch. My source, in Belfast, has assured me that's Turkish mortgages are starting to come through, so here's hoping.

I am well aware of some of the issues concerning folks in Riviera, but I am trying to stay positive, which I admit is sometimes difficult, especially when I am at home and not knowing what is going on over there.

Will the complex offer all that was promised, I suppose for legal reasons, it will have to but only time will tell.

Thechefster

Datca Golfcourse
Hi Again,

Don't mention the dreaded golfcourse!

The bottom line is, it's anybody's guess. My last update was that all the properties were now finished. The site is also finished, apart from the second pool, restaurant and reception building.

The complex is to be open for this season, probably without these to begin with. This is a bit of a pain for me because I selected my property because it was beside the second pool. :19:

However, back to your original query, future work will depend on sales. I suppose the second pool and reception will need to be completed first and then any proposed golf course would come after that. With property sales still slow, we could be looking as far away as 2011, but it's anybody's guess.

I'll be out in a few months time, so will know more then. If anyone living local has any information, I'd really appreciate it.

I, hopefully, have attached a photo of the first pool and restaurant, almost complete. The second is to be a replica of this.

Bye for now.

IMG_0264.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom