Datca dolls and guys
Hi ALL

Things are very quiet in this forum and I know there are Datca dolls and guys out there so lets use our forum .....pop in now and again and say hello or if you have been to Datca give us all an update !!!

Look forward to hearing from you......sooooon :wink:

kaplumba

Datca dolls and guys
Hi Emerald Lady
I have been a bit busy packing my case ready for my trip out to Datca -- next week! This time next week I'll be in the departure lounge at Gatwick - Insallah. Hope the weather improves for the drive up. I hear several other forum members will be on the same flight, so we really need TLF T shirts or badges or something.

chelsea boy

Dun Goat Herding!
Datca dolls and guys
whilst not living in Datca you pass through my village on the way. we have just got a "plastic police car" built to stop speeding........... see if you can spot this on your route.......... what model car do you think it is, and is the driver wearing gasses?

kaplumba

Datca dolls and guys
OK Chelsea Boy - won't call in for a cay though as it'll be around 4.30 am!!! We will look out for the cop car. What's the weather like now?
Is there a prize for the correct answers?

Datca dolls and guys
oh kp i'm so jealous

have a good trip and let us know how things are down at the harbour. Say hello to Rose (gulen) we'll be bac at easter, flights permitting!!!

Enjoy

CJD

Datca dolls and guys
Is it like the cut out one up near Mugla! before the Sogut
turn of or after CB?
Well another excuse for me to fly out on friday Jane! :wink:

kaplumba

Datca dolls and guys
Yes Carol I think we have enough excuses between us now. Lozzie and her friend are coming and my sis in law, so it'll be party time round the harbour. Don't worry EL we'll have a glass or two for you and I'll fill you in on the gossip later.
I think Eammon and his family will be on the same flight so it'll be jolly on the plane as well.
We hope to be out at easter EL so may see you then. :wink:

ALAEVE

Alan&Evelyn
Datca dolls and guys
Hi,
It's Alan and Evelyn ,we're new members.
Doreen recommended we join the site.We are in the process of buying in datca,Zeytindali.
Was there at Easter to suss things out and going back for 2 weeks in July.All looks brilliant,

kaplumba

Datca dolls and guys
Hi Alan and Evelyn
Welcome to the site. We have a place near Villa Datca and have been visiting for about 14 years. We were also there at Easter so we may have passed you in the street! I hope you will be very happy in your new home.
Just had a thought there are now loads of us from Datca on here now - anyone know how many?

Last edited:

ALAEVE

Alan&Evelyn
Datca dolls and guys
kaplumba said:
Hi Alan and Evelyn
Welcome to the site. We have a place near Villa Datca and have been visiting for about 14 years. We were also there at Easter so we may have passed you in the street! I hope you will be very happy in your new home.
Just had a thought there are now loads of us from Datca on here now - anyone know how many?
Hi,Emerald Lady
We're buying the phase 3,ground floor appartment beside the pool next to Doreen and Geoff.
we are a bit concerned the pool will not be ready for our visit in july,does anyone know when it will be ready?
Also the gardens look a bit bare,not like the on line brochure.What steps can we take to move things on ,does anyone else in phase 3 feel the same?

Alan & Evelyn

kaplumba

Datca dolls and guys
hi
I'm Jane by the way or Kap for short due to my love for Kaplumbas (tortoises). Don't worry it all happens - eventually (Datca time). New builds do take a while to settle in. We moved into ours in July 05 it was like a building site. By July 2006 the gardens were looking good and the site was nearly finished. By October 06 it looked fantastic. So just be patient and enjoy your holidays. I haven't yet managed to get in our pool as it was finished the week after I left last summer but I will be in it in 8 weeks time!!! I see you have several pools on your site so go and hop in one of the others! :) Planting was included in my site but I wanted more so i nipped along to the garden shop and bought a few tubs and shrubs and put them around my terrace, they don't cost much and it was fun to do.

Last edited:
Datca dolls and guys
Hi Alan and Evaline welcome to the forum see you are finding your way around.
We were out two weeks ago and were disappointed to see so little by the way of
landscapping after seeing the artists impressions on the brochure that we all were given. An odd twig here and there and two small firs planted in the middle of the green area between the apartments and our house, and two bougainvillae, one on each side of the drop from our garden facing the pool. We did ask Timur at the beginning about landscapping and promised us that it would be done as the first phase was done so tastefully, [cannot see it unless we band together]. As well as this the pool area has a small rectangular area where they have planted grass which looks ridiculous considering the size of the area and the fact that when the grass needs cutting it will go into the pool and cause it to stagnate. I suggest we insist on having it tiled like the rest of the pool area. There was also a kiddies pool on the original plans beside the large pool and needless to say none has materialised. I pointed this out to Aylin, Timur's secretary and she said the residents need to get together to point this out, so guys and girls get on the old ivories and send your emails to the Zeytin-dali office and let them know that we just are not happy bunnies. The folk on the 2nd phase are still having difficulty in having their snag lists attended to, they said that we need to keep at them and withold our final balance payment otherwise nothing will be done. As far as they are concerned the site is finished and they are anxious for us all to pay our final balance as they want to move forward with a new site in Bodrum.

Datca dolls and guys
Hi

Welcome Alan and Evelyn glad to see more Datca folk, more for the meeting in July then KP!! Good to hear from folk from NI as well.
As you maybe know via Doreen, we too have bought on the third phase and haven't been out to see the finished site yet. I agree with Doreen re putting the pressure on but I haven't paid the final balance and won't be until all is satisfactory.....got stung that way before.
We will be out in July and August so hopefully meet up with you.
Meantime enjoy the Foum it offers a wealth of information and you get to converse usually with some nice people

blue nose

Datca dolls and guys
Hi all

I realise that we are all keen to have the site finished (we are on the second phase) however in Zeytin Dali's defence they completed our apartment on time which does not happen too often in the UK or Turkey and the snag list we had although very minor was completed quickly.I agree that the landscaping on the second and third phase is not yet as good as on the first phase but given a little time I am sure it will be

kaplumba

Datca dolls and guys
Hi EL perhaps we'd better decide on a time and place for a get together perhaps just a little drink as meals get a bit complicated and then just announce it and see who comes. It'll be interesting trying to decide who's who. Is anybody interested and is anybody out there during the first week of August?

donkey

Datca dolls and guys
One thing you have missed is the arrival ( and departure) of Badem the seal

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m83/cliveh/DSCN3967.jpg

After being release in Foca after the death of it's mother, it travelled to Didim and stayed there for a while. It had a major swim from there to here.

Unfortunatly I think the animal has become human imprinted. It's now being stroked by holidaymakers in Bordubet.

I'm sure an internet search will show you more.

kaplumba

Datca dolls and guys
That's interesting Donkey. I've never seen a seal around Datca but was lucky enough to spot some dolphins once. Shame it's so used to humans though.
Changing the subject, I read that the Rhodes ferry had resumed. Is that true? Do you have any info on it please?

PS just found some info about Badem on the web including a little video on youtube. I didn't realise they were so rare along the Turkish coast.

Last edited:
Datca dolls and guys
Hi KP

We will be there from 2 July to mid August so how about arranging for get together first week in July AND first week in August at the MIR MIR or at the beer garden which ever is best known.

Opinions everyone please.....who will be in Datca then

kaplumba

Datca dolls and guys
Sounds great EL count me in for August, I can bring Mr Kap too (keep him hidden most of the time). Either bar is fine.

donkey

Datca dolls and guys
Kap- I asked and there is no ferry service to Rhodes from Datca you would have to go from Marmaris, saying that a boat does arrive in Datca on saturdays full of Greeks taking advantage of Turkish prices at the market here. I have no idea if you can get on it here, they certainly aren't selling the tickets. Maybe the captain might let you on for money in his back pocket and as you say you could return via Marmaris.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom