Tommie

Sun Worshipper
DASK & Earthquake Cover
Can someone explain the difference between DASK, which is required by the Turkish government, and earthquake cover?

I realise I cannot get Dask until I get my Tapu, and I can't take out earthquake cover until I get Dask.

Do I need both?

Thanks

Tommie

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
DASK & Earthquake Cover
earthquake insurance is called dask you have to have it by law.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

I have asked Intasure what this is, as I thought they were the same, so I'm not sure if they are trying to sell me something which is the same as Dask.

Keep you informed.

Tommie

Martyn

DASK & Earthquake Cover
They are one of the same. They charge a small fee for the Dask(i think £10) and I have both with Intasure. They told me you don't have to have the Tapu as a lot of people wait a long while for it.

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
DASK & Earthquake Cover
They are one of the same. They charge a small fee for the Dask(i think £10) and I have both with Intasure. They told me you don't have to have the Tapu as a lot of people wait a long while for it.

Thanks Martin

Who do you trust nowadays?

I was aware that you had to have the Dask cover, but I am not sure what that covers in the event of an earthquake.

I was also informed that you had to have a Tapu in order to get Dask.

If they are one and the same, then why do you need both?

Thanks

Tommie

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
DASK & Earthquake Cover
As Martyn has already said, you do not have to physically hold a tapu to have any insurance including dask. I have a policy with intasure and I made them aware that I was in the process of applying for the tapu.

If you want reassurance ask them to confirm this in writing, but intasure are a reputable company so I would'nt worry anyway. I'd be more concerned about not having insurance if anything.

thingthong

DASK & Earthquake Cover
Has far has i know,DASK will cover you to dispose of all the rubble after an earthquake,but it will not cover the rebuild.

Last edited:

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
DASK & Earthquake Cover
Has far has i know,DASK will cover you to dispose of all the rumble after an earthquake,but it will not cover the rebuild.

Thanks for this.

I think you meant rubble and not rumble.

Hope that there are no more rumbles after an earthquake!

Thanks

Tommie

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
DASK & Earthquake Cover
My understanding is that the compulsory DASK insurance will cover you up to a certain financial limit, which is probably enough for a very, very basic 'rustic' build out in the country (4 walls and tin roof!). It will not pay enough to rebuild a place to a reasonable standard. The price of the DASK is dependant on the building construction type and the floor space.

If you take out an insurance policy with any insurer, such as Intasure or a Turkish company, to cover you for say £60,000, in the event of an earthquake claim they will pay you £60,000 less the amount you should get back from your DASK insurance (lets say £5000 for this example). If you don't have DASK insurance you will be short of whatever amount they would have paid so in this example the insurance company would only pay you £55,000.

Hope this helps.

lolly

DASK & Earthquake Cover
Hi,
If you do not have the compulsory Dask Insurance then your seperate buildings insurance, which tops up the Earthquake cover will be void.
Hope this helps.
Lorraine

wild dave

DASK & Earthquake Cover
is the dask an annual premium ?What if you havent had dask insurance for a few years can you still get it ?

cheers dave

sandr

New Members Stuart & Ros
DASK & Earthquake Cover
DASK is renewable every 12 months. I'm with intasure and they apply to the Turkish government who issue the policy. The cost is dependant on the m2 of your property. The earlier reply from Klakan Regular I believe is spot on.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom