Danish Citizens Purchasing Property in Turkey
Hi everyone.

I am at present trying to find out the rules and procedures for Danish citizens who wish to purchase property in Turkey and I am not having much success!

Do any of you know the ins and outs of this?

If so could you please share this information with me?

Thanks a lot.

Debbie.xx

hi debbie..there are many Danes living in Alanya having bought property. they go through the same process as other european buyers.

Hi Shirley.

I had read that Danish citiznes have to get a residency permit to purchase property here?

Is this true?

Debbie.

not as far as i know..maybe Lynda can tell you more as she has had danish customers...i know scandanavians in general buy just as we do.
i'll try and get some info

i'll try and get some info
..here it is..from a government site

Therefore, as Turkish citizens who do not have permanent residence permit or have not resided in Denmark for a period of at least 5 years can acquire real property only with the permission of the Danish Ministry of Justice, a corresponding procedure will be applied to the Danish citizens who wish to buy real property in Turkey, as a result of the above mentioned principle of reciprocity. In line with this explanation, it has been decided that Danish citizens are required to have a valid 6 months residence permit or a work permit for the first immovable property they acquire. For additional acquisitions, holding a 6 months residence or work permit and the permission of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs are required.'''

it all depends on reciprocity..if Turks can buy in a country then citizens of that country can buy in Turkey

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
What's the Turkish for " Tit For Tat " ? :wink:

Thanks a lot Shirley.

Thats what I needed to know. I really just had to check that the information I had heard was correct.

Debbie.xx

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
Hi I have had to go though the visa process with about 15 Danish customers and the six month visa is rigidly enforced - it is far better to get a one years visa. There has to be a clear 6 months clear on the visa when it gets to the processing stage - not when it is received. Another problem I have had in Alanya is picking the visas up. According to the government a representative can pick them up but Alanya police will not allow that, it has to be the passport holder themselves. Ok that is fair BUT they can take up to 3 weeks to come..oops not many on holiday for that long so they have to come back...expensive and of course the time is ticking off the visa till they do.. Basically a nightmare. there are ways around this but as always in Turkey they are not foolproof and normally more expensive .. of course. If you want to know more drop me an email... as I am in UK at the moment and not able to get online all the time
I do have a document about the extra process in English and Danish if you would like but I do not have it here with me.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom