damp and flooding problems
does anyone know of a surveyor to check my ground floor apartment in kemer side ive had this problem from the first winter i bought apartment in 2009 but Ersa homes keep bodging it up rather than getting to the bottom of the problem i am at a loss of what to do next as they are refusing to do anything else saying they sorted the problem last year

juco

Re: damp and floding problems

I dont know of a surveyor but my opinion is that 2 things may happen...
The surveyor charges loads of money and doesnt fix the problem or you hit lucky and get a good surveyor and it will cost the earth to resolve the problem.

Can you give more detailed info regarding the problem as there may well be a DIY fix thats easy to do.

What `repairs` did Ersa do last year?

Any pictures of the specific problems?

Billa

does anyone know of a surveyor to check my ground floor apartment in kemer side ive had this problem from the first winter i bought apartment in 2009 but Ersa homes keep bodging it up rather than getting to the bottom of the problem i am at a loss of what to do next as they are refusing to do anything else saying they sorted the problem last year
Hi roseflower! We also have ground floor in sunset, but don't have this problems yet. What kind of problems do you have? Hope they fix the problems, cos we haven't had any problems at all with ERSA. But we just own it for one year:)

Diversaint

Now, an old fart!

Until the greedy Turkish Builders stop construction below street level, these problems are going to be very common and indeed are. They build a big hole in the ground and put a block of apartments in it, knowing full well that the bottom floor are going to suffer unless the most amazingly good drainage system is installed to cope with the copious amounts of water so common. If you think you have problems, go down to Conny's restaurant and look at the apartment next door, It is very sad. The problem was confounded by the fact that the useless Tedas couldn't repair an electricity cut for nearly 2 days and as a result, they couldn't use the pumps.
Listen up you revolting Turkish builders, stop building below street level, just so you can get an extra floor to comply with local planning law on building height.

A better answer to this problem, since the builders are not likely to address this request, is speak to anybody you come across thinking of buying a ground floor apart below street level and telling them 'DON'T'. SPREAD THE WORD!

Last edited:

I dont know of a surveyor but my opinion is that 2 things may happen...
The surveyor charges loads of money and doesnt fix the problem or you hit lucky and get a good surveyor and it will cost the earth to resolve the problem.

Can you give more detailed info regarding the problem as there may well be a DIY fix thats easy to do.

What `repairs` did Ersa do last year?

Any pictures of the specific problems?

Hi its just damp after every winter i will put some pics on here .ersa put a damp proofing on the outer walls saying that would fix the problem but this winter they have had lots of rain and my apartment was flooded it came up the drains soaked the rugs they said it was a problem with water company not fitting long enough pipes from the complex which they say they have now been fixed but that was 2 months ago and the apartment is damp and all walls wet and it is rising, ersa will not do anything anymore there saying they have fixed it and to get in touch with insurance company

Hi roseflower! We also have ground floor in sunset, but don't have this problems yet. What kind of problems do you have? Hope they fix the problems, cos we haven't had any problems at all with ERSA. But we just own it for one year:)

i would check that your apartment is ok as they had a big flood in December is anyone looking after it for you? what block are you on ? i am on A2

juco

Hi its just damp after every winter i will put some pics on here
Pics would be helpful. If its coming through the drains that could be a major issue, assuming thats been fixed then it sounds like rising damp which is a common problem with Turkey builds. As a matter of course you should lift all the rugs and pull curtains/ furniture away from walls if leaving the property empty over winter and try and increase the ventilation as you will get a lot of condensation. Leaving internal doors open will increase the flow of air and if possible (security) an open window or another option would be some air vents.
Also ensure that the window frames arent leaking, to check this blast with a hose during the warmer weather and see if any water gets inside, its usually easily solved with a tube of silicone to seal it (where the frame meets the wall)

Justin66

thats discusting!
they said coz they had to sort out there bodge job last year and they didnt do it properly there not going to to try again????
these people must have no moralls at all!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom