pernboy

Dalyan improvement
Just had to show everybody the good work being done in DALYAN, well done lads it looks great.All areas immediately adjacent to the river, approx 200yds returfed plus flower beds.

Attachments

• P1040934.jpg
    P1040934.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 66
  • P1040936.jpg
    P1040936.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

cside

Dalyan improvement
Since Ortaca took over the Dalyan municipality I have been very impressed with all the improvements seen on my frequent visits. However, I do worry that some of the charm of Dalyan could be lost if it becomes overly slick. But I expect tourists and expats were saying that for many years before I first visited in 02 about all the changes going on then. And despite all the development and changes the essence of Dalyan has remained, well it has for me at least, I still love being there and staying by the river.

dalyanfan

Dalyan improvement
A pity about the orange and white cones which have made driving and walking around Dalyan even more difficult, and as much as I think they are doing a good job with the gardening, it is a pity the Orataca belediye are failing to fulfil their legal obligation to give the dog shelter food supplies!

dalyanfan

Dalyan improvement
Building works AFTER 15th May

Just picking up on another thread which has now been closed, I had problems with an enormous build at the back of me three years ago.
I complained to the builder initially and he asked me to step into a back office: I was in no doubt what his intentions were, to beat me up!

I contacted the government in Mugla - telephone number 0252 212 0141 and asked for an English speaker. The lady I spoke to was very understanding and helpful and actually heard the building noises as I was talking to her! We had several conversations over the two months, going up until the end of July.

She sent the local zabitas around and the builder threatened to kill me after he had been fined, once at my own gates and the second time in front of the zabita! Anyway, he was fined 4,000 lira which I am guessing was put onto the cost of the build to the unsuspecting customer.

I do know that it was the first major build this particular cowboy had, and that it was the last, in Dalyan at least! The grinding and road closures etc. went on until the 28th JuLy and the customer and his family arrived on the 29th July!

So to anyone who is concerned or annoyed by these builders continually flounting the rules, there is help and the lady in Mugla was truly remarkable. We don't have to put up with the problem because either we don't speak enough Turkish, or we have been threatened, or we try to sort it out decently ourselves by appealing to the builders' better nature!

cside

Dalyan improvement
I don't like the look of the cones but at least they do separate cars and pedestrians, which is the purpose of them after all.

petrodow

Dalyan improvement
I don't like the look of the cones but at least they do separate cars and pedestrians, which is the purpose of them after all.

Have to disagree. Pedestrians still meander in the middle of the road expecting the holiday god to protect them. Cars and coaches that shouldn't park because of the cones still do, only now they park further out in the road.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom