dalyansteve

Dalyan Belediye residents meeting.
This wednesday coming at 4pm above the Denizati Restaurant there is going to be a meeting between the foreign residents and the new Belediye to have a general discussion about things we can do to help each other.
Personaly I think there is a lot of retired talent going to waste that could help the Belediye overcome some of its problems which in turn would make all our lives easier.
So how about some constructive critisism and not just make it about the dogs!
There are many subjects that are just as important but don't get mentioned such as getting the roads made up to cut down the dust, complete the drainage system, parking always a problem in the season so what about designated short stay spots and areas specifically for daily car visitors. Emergency medical facilities in the town and at the beach seems to have come to the fore this season.

We could have a big list going here Steve, how about business forecasts, customer service relations, how to use hot water and detergent when washing up so you don't poison your customers lol. Seriously though, it would be interesting to see what feilds they would be interested to have some input in, and then even more interesting to see if they take any advice. I'll see you there.
Steph

dalyansteve

Let's face it at least they are now interested in our opinions! You may not believe this but they have got a PR office with a man who speaks English!
We also must not forget there are German, Dutch and French residents as well who also have opinions and by foreign residents do they also mean the Turkish emigre's who also get treated as yabanci???

Do either of you, or anyone else who attended the meeting have any news that you can share with the rest of the Dalyan Forum who could not make the meeting or were not aware of it. Maybe if things are to be advertised as happening they could be followed up with other posts rather than leaving people in the dark.

dalyansteve

There is actually more info on Dalyan live forum, but basically I posted when it was happening the day that I heard. No one really knew what the meeting was about until it happened. The outcome was that we were being invited to form a sort of council to join all the other special interest groups to try and make life better for everyone in Dalyan. This council will have another meeting on the2nd with everyone else that is interested to form an elected council/committee that then meets with the other groups on the 8th as it would be impossible to have everyone in Dalyan giving their opinion all at the same time. These views, complaints or ideas can be presented tour council who can then bring them up with the Belediye and other groups on the 8th.
So as far as I know the next meeting for foreigners is on the 2nd in the Judo club room at 4pm and I think this meeting will be purely to elect a comittee to represent us all. I am sure whoever is on the comittee will be well aware of most of the problems we have.

paulinenewton

Following the meeting on 2 September 2009 The Dalyan Foreign Residents Group held another meeting on Saturday 12 September 2009 where 3 working parties were set up.
1. Natural Environment and Domestic Animals (eg Animal Welfare, Trees etc) - email any areas of concern to natualenv@frg.org
2. Man-made environment (eg Rubbish, Traffic issues etc) - email manmadeenv@frg.org
3. Human Interest (eg Burglaries, Utility bills,etc) - email - humaninterest@frg.org
There is also a notice board for this group outside the PTT. Please take time out to look at it.

Following on from your post Pauline
Sometimes groups will take on issues from other groups eg the Man made invironment group are dealing with the dog shelter problem.
If anyone wants to become a volunteer please contact.... info@dalyanfrg.org

Latest Posts

Top Bottom