turquoise

Dalaman transfers
hello and thanks to everyone who advised about car hire.
I have previously had a good private arrangement for airport transfers but now have to find an alternative. Any recommendations please? Private car or shared shuttle, cheers

kaplumba

Dalaman transfers
Hi turquoise, over the years my family and I have tried all kinds of ways to get to Datca - so here is a list of some of them that we have found OK.

A2B shuttle. Last time was 22.75 sterling per person. This is the cheapest if there is just 1 or 2 of you. Down side is it stops for a break near Marmaris and you have to stop off at a few Marmaris hotels. Of course it takes longer to get to Datca. Also Kathleen had a problem with them on the return journey - they forgot her!

Any cheap shuttle or public bus to Marmaris and then public bus to Datca. This only works during the day and the first bus to Datca from Marmaris doesn't always go! Depends on the driver I think.

marmaris-transfers.com 75pounds for 2 people. We have always had good service from them. They charge more for 3 or more although a friend managed to persuade them to do 3 for 75 pounds. If you email them they reply promptly and are very professional.

seher tour a Datca based company and you will have to contact them for a price. Zakum on this forum has contact details so speak to her.

Our favourite way is 40 pound transfer to Marmaris with marmaris transfers and then pick up a hire car from them. As we are usually tired after a flight it just cuts down on some of the driving.

turquoise

Dalaman transfers
good to have choices - many thanks! I travel alone, usually on buses, car hire not worth it for me. The downside of the buses is the marmaris-datca stage if delayed! The shuttle sounds a good alternative if i travel outside daytime hours- cheers

Do you have contact details for A2B please?

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Dalaman transfers
a2btransfers.com!! I don't think they do Datca anymore?? Resort Hoppa is another good one, infact there are now alot of transfer companies but all just to Marmaris.

Just checked A2B, they only do private transfers to Datca now, not the shuttle.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaplumba

Dalaman transfers
Yes you are right A2B shuttle have now stopped their service to Datca - probably not enough users. I tried to book it the other day. Marmaris transfers are probably going to be the quickest and cheapest of the private transfers and the public buses OK if you arrive in the day time and are not in a rush. you can email marmaris transfers and they reply very promptly.

turquoise

Dalaman transfers
thanks for this, I've emailed but looking at their site it seems to be a private shuttle not shared,
I usually have no trouble getting Dalaman to Marmaris by public bus, Havas bus or airline transfer - my main problem is the next stage, its fine during the day, but if delayed..........also lots of the flights out seem to be arriving evening/night at the mo, so I may need something D-D. I don't mind sharing and the inconvenience of a few stops to save lots of lira! do you now of any shared shuttles?

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Dalaman transfers
There are no shuttles Marmaris to Datca. Maybe post your flight details, someone might be travelling at the same time and be willing to share costs??!!

Dalaman transfers
Another alternative is R.A.I.N travel, email - {www.raintransfer.com} We have been quoted £155 return from Dalaman to Datca for a private taxi (4 of us travelling), so works out quite cheap if you share with someone else.

kaplumba

Dalaman transfers
Thanks for that Doreen. I wish I had known. One of our usual companies quoted 85 pounds for this year but is now charging 100 each way so we will have to find an alternative. I think A2B shuttle probably stopped due to lack of punters. We used it in April.

Dalaman transfers
Hi Jane , I am sitting here green at the thought of you sitting in Datca!!!!Is the town still busy ?Expect the sun still brightly shining and the skies still blue - I can nearly remember what that was like!!!Have a great timexxxx

kaplumba

Dalaman transfers
Hi Jane , I am sitting here green at the thought of you sitting in Datca!!!!Is the town still busy ?Expect the sun still brightly shining and the skies still blue - I can nearly remember what that was like!!!Have a great timexxxx

Teehee RB sky is blue, sun is shining, 33 degrees. Town is busier than I thought it would be and the restaurants are busy in the evenings. I am missing the company of you, Sniffy and Emerald lady though.

turquoise

Dalaman transfers
good idea, thanks - I'm not yet booked but will post when I am. meanwhile do you have contact details for resort hoppa and A2B? I googled them and got a south african company?

turquoise

Dalaman transfers
Marmaris transfers have quoted me £75 Dalaman to Datca, but they are private only. Cant find any shared shuttles, which is a more economic option for one person

kaplumba

Dalaman transfers
I have scoured the net but can't find any other shuttles. I have always been very happy with marmaris transfers at 75 pounds and their drivers have always been very good - no manic driving on the wrong side of the road, speeding etc. I will look into Doreens suggestion of RAIN next time though. You could always fly to Bodrum and get the ferry over - we have done that before and the ferry bus picks you up at Kormen and will drop off anywhere on the road between there and town, There is a shuttle from Bodrum airport to town and the ferries in high season are 9,30 and 17.30. The problem is finding a flight to tie in with the ferry. Sis in law usually does it and spends a night in Bodrum just for a change and then gets the morning ferry over.

turquoise

Dalaman transfers
I've done the Bodrum route too, nice to have a night in Bodrum(usually necessary due to flight times) when you are staying more than a week. This time i have only one week and want to spend it in Datca! Which shuttle does she use from Bodrum airport? I've used the Havas bus but again the times have to co-incide.
I've just followed up Saffie's suggestion for 'Transfers4 cheap cheap' - they quote £12.20 to Marmaris which is less than a taxi to dalaman otogar+bus, comparable to Havas. I'm assuming they'll drop off at Marmaris otogar

kaplumba

Dalaman transfers
SIL is asleep now and I don't know which one , I'll ask tomorrow. A2B transfers are 9.80 sterling Dalaman airport to Marmaris. I booked it for brother in law who is travelling out in a couple of weeks. I shall then pick him up in a hire car. Paid by card via internet. We found them great - chap stands by exit with a board. I cant remember how much a taxi is Marmaris to Datca but I can check for you tomorrow. 50 pounds springs to mind though.

PS when are you coming out? If it is the Cardiff First choice flight on 7th Sept I can give you a lift with him from Marmaris bus station!

Last edited:

turquoise

Dalaman transfers
SIL is asleep now and I don't know which one , I'll ask tomorrow. A2B transfers are 9.80 sterling Dalaman airport to Marmaris. I booked it for brother in law who is travelling out in a couple of weeks. I shall then pick him up in a hire car. Paid by card via internet. We found them great - chap stands by exit with a board. I cant remember how much a taxi is Marmaris to Datca but I can check for you tomorrow. 50 pounds springs to mind though.

PS when are you coming out? If it is the Cardiff First choice flight on 7th Sept I can give you a lift with him from Marmaris bus station!
thanks for that, I tried to contact A2B but when I googled them I ended up with a south african company by the same name! do you have their email/website please?
I hope to arrive sometime on the 7th, but from Gatwick - haven't yet booked. When does your b-i-l arrive?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom