Turley

Dalaman Airport
Hi Everybody

Im flying to Dalaman airport this year i normally go to Bodrum what is Dalaman airport like.

Thanks lizzy

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Dalaman Airport
It's all sort of .......................Airporty ! :lol:

It's a modern airport. Nothing much you can say about it really apart from the fact that, like all the others, it's bloody expensive to buy food and drink there.

Their website's quite good.

ATM Dalaman Airport - HomePage

Turley

Dalaman Airport
Hi KayKoyuOldBoy

I see it has Pizza hut Maccy Dees etc so are the resturants exspensive.

lizzy

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Dalaman Airport
Very expensive ! At least 3 times the price of their own outlets in the rest of Turkey.

For instance, a Burger King burger in Fethiye is 8TL. At Dalaman it's 26 TL apparently.

7 TL for a glass of cay.

Turley

Dalaman Airport
Very expensive ! At least 3 times the price of their own outlets in the rest of Turkey.

For instance, a Burger King burger in Fethiye is 8TL. At Dalaman it's 26 TL apparently.

7 TL for a glass of cay.
****** HELL Thats discusting. will eat outside befor we get there.

Thank lizzy

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Dalaman Airport
A huge number of people are doing that now. There are even a few businesses in the resorts down this way that are supplying packed lunches for tourists heading back home via Dalaman.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Dalaman Airport
I'd stop at a lokanta on the way then.

I wouldn't buy anything at Dalaman on principle.

Turley

Dalaman Airport
Hi KayaKoyuOldBoy

Tried Michelin and got a route.Once again thanks for all your help.

lizzy

Dalaman Airport
Hi,

Dalaman Airport prices are legalised robbery. We've had no problem taking in sandwiches-soft drinks-even a couple of cans of Efes.

It's stupidity really-no-one is buying anything unless they absolutely have to-if they reduced prices people would buy more stuff. It's double and treble some of the prices at UK airports.

Dalaman Airport
Yes, I agree. Dalaman airport is one of the most expensive airports I have been to. As suggested, buy something on your way. Even a cup of coffee or tea is expensive.

Mind you, the ladies is clean and you don't have to pay.

Have a good trip.

Caroline

Carolyn

Dalaman Airport
Mind you, the ladies is clean and you don't have to pay.
Caroline

.....Yet! I'm sure it won't be long before they cotton on to a nice little earner - after all they'll have a captive audience!

I notice they've taken out much of the upstairs seating leaving just the tables and chairs by Burger King etc. The CIP lounge looked tempting but very empty so I guess they've priced themselves out of the market there too. I understand that at one time the cost of using it was pretty reasonable.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Dalaman Airport
It's 20 Euros per person to book it on their website. I don't know what they're charging "on the door".

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Dalaman Airport
I use the CIP Lounge and it is well worth the cost. Comfy seats, free soft drinks and food, newspapers and TV. They should have blinds on the windows so the riff raff outside can't see in.

Ian

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Dalaman Airport
I wouldn't bother going to the CIP lounge, it's all "breakfast stuff". the seating area that has been taken away used to have eateries at there too and they have all closed. no bloody wonder!!!!1

Jeannie

jcrian

Dalaman Airport
I think their idea of running a successful business is, if the turnover is down put the prices up and then we'll make more money???:cool:

kaplumba

Dalaman Airport
Someone said the loos were clean! Well, 2 weeks ago when we flew in they were filthy. There was an attendant in there but she was leaning over a sink texting. The floors were dirty with lots of paper lying around. Sinks were grubby, no soap in dispensers.
We thought for a newish airport it was starting to look tatty, the concrete thas has never looked quite finished has starten to crumble in places. As the others have said do not buy the extortionately priced food and drinks. I was thirsty on arrival and a small bottle of water was 5 lira. I laughed and walked away, we stopped at a garage further down the road.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom