Dalaman 100ml liquid rule
Nobody seems to be worrying about the 100ml liquid rule at Dalaman Airport. Supposedly the new rules (which have been in the UK for months) came into effect at Dalaman and other Turkish airports on 20 April. However on Friday when my wife flew back to UK for a few days, people were openly taking litre bottles of water through the security scanners at the entrance, plus cans of cola etc. It obviously saves having to fork out exorbitant prices for drinks at Dalaman but makes a mockery of the safety rules!

GnD

I am surprised, it was being enforced back in March. Has it been officially lifted or is it a case of "turning blind eye"?

guinevere

when we went through bodrum 2 weeks ago almost everyone ( except us ) had large bottles of water that they had taken through ,so obvioulsy they are not bothering ,wish we had known that as we dumped ours !

ZiaCa'

Must be turning a blind eye or just sloppy as its still in force according to the Dalaman Airport website today
ATM DALAMAN AIRPORT - Passanger Services

I always wondered about this, but also wondered if the safety issue revolves around the quantity of liquid you are taking (not what you are taking), could one with bad intentions carry more than 1 x 100ml and combine the contents once through security? So what I'm saying is one could carry 10 x 100ml of water and put it all in a container later and have a litre...so why not be able to carry one litre of water through in the first place? Surely the security issue should be what the fluid actually is... do the security machines not pick that up?

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
god even when i fly a domestic flight, i never carry any liquid, food or even hand luggage with me! it saves a hell of a lot of bother!....... it so nice to pass through security without it going BEEP!... its like HA! in ur face!

civciv

Perhaps at Dalaman they arent enforcing it until you go to the gate, when your baggage is scanned by which time you may have drunk your supplies?!
Its worth spending a few lira on water/pop even if its confiscated in my book.

dalyansteve

Or you can drink it all at security as I did in Germany a couple of years ago, I did not need another drink which was a shame as the coffee smelt delicious. So take a big bottle of water with you and you either take it through or drink it. Better than having to buy riddiculously expensive drinks inside and the drinks are cheaper on the plane. Shh. Please don't tell Thomas Cook or anyone else.

PAULT32

PAULT32
We flew put of Bodrum about two weeks ago and all 4 of us bought lots of drinks through with us. It saved us paying £4 for a can of coke at the airport. I think the Turkish airports are some of the most expensive I have travelled through.

We passed through bodrum on friday night and my son had bottles also , nobody seemed bothered , it saved being ripped off as we were delayed an hour

Fendouglas

Gangless!
I came through Bodrum on the 'Sparrowfart' flight this morning and although I did not have any water or see anyone else with water, there were a couple of part-full bottles beside the X-ray machine.

Cost to buy a 500cl bottle = 6 TL!!!!! - God we get 19L delivered for 4TL

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I came through Bodrum on the 'Sparrowfart' flight this morning and although I did not have any water or see anyone else with water, there were a couple of part-full bottles beside the X-ray machine.

Cost to buy a 500cl bottle = 6 TL!!!!! - God we get 19L delivered for 4TL

We took (2) 500 cl bottles of water through Bodrum last night and no problem, however we wished we had brought more, yes we paid the over the odds, 6tl for a bottle of water to take on board, as Onur Air prices are a joke for a small bottle of water.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom