kemer007

Daily diving & diving courses
hello all,
Just to say that next week diving season is starting and anyone wants diving courses or daily divings pls pm me..;))

dawnnett

Hi

Could you give me a idea of the price
I would like to give my Husband a Diving Gift (hes never done it )
Thanks
Dawn

Andy

Seems i'm not the only one with a dirty mind then :roundgrin

huggi2010

oh Irish scuba diving?

On a serious note
A friend of mine does it and was telling me of some new style air tank that changes your own breathing into air-amazing eh. You could stay down forever

Last edited:

kemer007

Hello,

The price for diving is 40.-euro. Inc lunch and 2 dives from different places.All day tour.from 10.00am till 17.00pm.

Hi

Thanks
Dawn

dawnnett

Hello, and thank you for your reply
Would that be for a novice , as Hubby hasn't done it before , but would love to learn

Thank's Dawn:

huggi2010

someone whos into diving please confirm what I said at post 10-isnt there a type of tank available now using which when you breathe it turns your breath somehow into air that you can breathe again? Honestly the man who told me isnt a nutter!

Huggie,

I'm not a diver but seriously looking into doing it in the near future. Yes there is a system you describe. Called a rebreather. Seen it used on TV documentaries where they do not want to disturb what ever it is they are trying to film. It doesn't produce any bubbles. Don't think you can dive for ever though, just a bit longer.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can fill in any gaps.

So

@huggie2010 what you describe has actually been around for a while, and PADI does a specialty course on it. Have a look at the padi website or google 're-breather' or 'silent diving' more loads of info.

Hi

Thanks
Dawn

haha Dawn..thats the best post ive read for ages....should into a book of famous quotes somewhere...
But see what dirty minds some people have..i know what you meant :dance:

boabnmay

boabnmay
Huggie,

I'm not a diver but seriously looking into doing it in the near future. Yes there is a system you describe. Called a rebreather. Seen it used on TV documentaries where they do not want to disturb what ever it is they are trying to film. It doesn't produce any bubbles. Don't think you can dive for ever though, just a bit longer.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can fill in any gaps.
Bit of a late reply re re-breathers.

These used to be used by WW2 navy divers, and shortly after by Hans and Lotte Hass in their early diving programmes.
The main estriction with these was the fact that they used a small OXYGEN bottle (not compressed air) as scuba tanks, and used a bag of lime (caustic) to scrub the CO2 from the expelled air. hence no bubbles.
The disadvantages were that going deeper than about 10-12M the oxygen became toxic and could induce seizures in the diver. If that weren't enough, if the lime mixed with water or got wet, it foamed and produced gas (similar to chlorine) and caused severe burns. So definately not for amateurs.
I'm sure there are now more sophisticated versions but would suggest you stick to compressed air. Much safer, and readilly available.

OK lecture over. Enjoy your diving.

The Gillespies

Used to be Ilica Park :)
Returning to topic - is the diving school still running and how much are the dives now? Hoping to stay a couple of days in Kemer area in August- any suggestions of where to stay?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom