Moggycat

Cyprus Turkish Airlines KTHY
Has anyone else heard the rumour that KTHY are starting a new route very soon from Stansted direct to Bodrum all year round and at a very reasonable price. I can't find anything about it on their website but would be useful to know. Hope it is true! Moggycat

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Re: Turkish Cypriot Airlines KTHY

Direct to Bodrum would be good during winter months, it's so depressing when you know that's it till Christmas for a couple of flights out, and then springtime again before you can go direct.

CJD

They stopped flying to Dalaman during the winter
last year:(

ChrisBobs

They have been changeing timetables through Bodrum for the last 2 weeks, and left for Stansted- 4 hours late? on Saturday night? There is nothing showing after October on the website ( last time I looked)

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious

I know they have to make a profit, but so many of us are now owners and would love to visit Turkey in the winter period, but they aren't making it easy for us. The Istanbul/Bodrum etc option isn't great for the connecting flight back to Manchester.

Moggycat

Stansted is a long way from where we live in Gloucestershire, but a direct flight, even if only once a week would be worth the travel for and to save all the hassle changing flights in Istanbul in the winter months.

CJD

Well according to there timetable they fly 4 times
a week to dalaman in the winter and twice aweek
to Bodrum which is B*******

Last edited:

From October KTHY only fly from Manchester via Antalya to Ercan (North Cyprus) on Saturday. The Monday & Wednesday flights to Dalaman cease from the end of October.

Chinook

The Istanbul/Bodrum etc option isn't great for the connecting flight back to Manchester

I think that you will find that this service was cancelled some months ago.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious

They are there on Turkish Airline website, however it's something like 11 hours wait for the Bodrum to Manchester flight, and it's an overnight wait too.

stevecarol

I thought Bodrum airport was closed to International flights in the winter, or has that now changed.

Chinook

I am referring to the Stanstead to Manchester service. Apologies for any confusion.

Does it not help now that Turkish Airlines are flying twice daily to Manchester on certain days. It certainly does from Dalaman

Last edited:

kernowians

I may be wrong, but I think Bodrum was only shut for a while last Winter to have the runways remade.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom