JackGD

Cycle Mexico
Just letting you all know there will be another Charity Dinner and Fun Auction on 23rd September at 'Our Secret Garden', Yalikavak, in aid of Bodrum Health Foundation in Turgutreis and my next charity bike ride in Mexico..any donations gratefully received for the auction. Tickets 30TL available from the restaurant or from me. The menu will be Beef Wellington (or chicken) followed by Bread and Butter pudding...please come along if you can. ALL the money from the auction and a percentage from the meals will go to this disabled children's school.:3::roundgrin

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Cycle Mexico
Hope all goes well and you raise lots of dosh
Unfortunatly I will be going back to UK on 22 nd so wont be able to come but if we have another Christmas Dinner in October hopefully we can raise some more money for you like last year !
:3:

JackGD

Cycle Mexico
Thanks to all. My leg is now nearly OK but I am back in training anyway. Hard work but worth it for the children.

Cycle Mexico
Could have sworn I'd seen a post from KitKat about the fund raising evening at Our Secret Garden!!!!!!!! In fact-could have sworn I'd posted a reply to it!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I'd had a glass or 3 too many-cos next time I looked it had vanished off the face of the earth-or certainly off the thread at any rate. Anyhow-we would just like to wish the effort every success, hope it raises loadz-a-money, and wish we could be there. The menu sounds good.........June's Beef Wellington is extremely yummy. Just a bummer that it'll be the end of June next year before we can sample it again.

Cycle Mexico
I've seen very little response to this thread on the forum. I really hope such a worthwhile cause will be well supported, and loads of dosh raised. Wish we could be there, but no such luck.

Wackford

Red Wine Tester (Class 1)
Cycle Mexico
I've seen very little response to this thread on the forum. I really hope such a worthwhile cause will be well supported, and loads of dosh raised. Wish we could be there, but no such luck.

You are correct. I said I would pass no more comments on TLF, but I have to relent on this one. Strange that an event supporting a charity to help children appears to be of no interest. The other issue is why was the original entry publicising the event deleted almost instantly??? - I think we should be told the answer to that. This has already been commented on.

WHO DELETED IT AND WHY??????????

Precisely the same sort of entry (new thread) promoting an event for an animal charity is not deleted and remains there attracting support. Before I am shot down (again) I will add that I am not against supporting the animal charity - it is admirable and I hope it does well.

Cycle Mexico
Well said, I agree with every word Wackford. I love dogs, and want to see them well fed and looked after, but at the same time wonder why there doesn't seem to be the same response for the event at Our Secret Garden......Also-very relieved to see it wasn't just me imagining the fact that the original post on the subject vanished off the face of the earth with no explanation!! Seriously thought I was losing the plot there

Wackford

Cycle Mexico
No - it vanished. I will no doubt get zapped as will my comment for appearing to criticise a moderator, or whoever -see the rule........
"If you have a disagreement with a moderator (If your thread gets deleted, if you get a warning, etc.), DO NOT take it out on the moderator. Do not even think about publicly complaining about moderators actions. If you have a problem with a moderator's decisions, Please email the Administrator."

Wackford

Cycle Mexico
Well said, I agree with every word Wackford. I love dogs, and want to see them well fed and looked after, but at the same time wonder why there doesn't seem to be the same response for the event at Our Secret Garden......Also-very relieved to see it wasn't just me imagining the fact that the original post on the subject vanished off the face of the earth with no explanation!! Seriously thought I was losing the plot there

Hi Ken&Deryle......(great minds etc..no idea who you are.) Asked the Moderator (or whoever is in charge) two days ago.. "why the deletion". Result..............nothing!!!!!!!!!! Nobody gives a s---.Not prepared to give up on this. I can only assume that it is who you are as to what you are allowed to "thread" . "Respect Man" to the animals..........................nothing personal!

Cycle Mexico
Well-I thought it a bit odd that it vanished like a puff of smoke, and it's a shame because it's for such a good cause, and surely deserves all the publicity it can get

JackGD

Cycle Mexico
Thanks to all concerned. The dinner is still going ahead on Wednesday 23rd at 'Our Secret Garden' and there are still some tickets left. Please call in to the restaurant or give them a call to reserve your place. The fun auction after the meal is really enjoyable and hopefully should raise a lot of much needed cash for these children and their school. CAN I PLEASE STRESS THAT ALL THE MONEY RAISED WILL GO TO THE SCHOOL. I HAVE PAID ALL THE COSTS OF THE TRIP MYSELF AND DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING OUT OF MONEY RAISED.
PS At least 1 dog in the area is well fed as it took a chunk out of my leg whilst I was out training on my bike. Stitches and rabies jabs followed. All in a good cause though.
THANK YOU - JACK

Cycle Mexico
Wishing all concerned an excellent night on Wednesday at Our Secret Garden. Hope it's a full house, and a lot of money is raised for an extremely good cause. The menu sounds delicious, and I wish we could join you.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom