bobthenob

Non Active Member
Cyber or to person
The wonder of the Internet is to sit back in the comfort of your chair and have a debate with a person in your own time without the rude interruptions from someone in person,which can put one off.lt throws me to what the conversation was in the first place.

When l have a conversation with someone in person and someone interrupts me,while l was just about to get to the meaning of what the discussion was about, then l lose it and say something totally meaningless.
The joy of the Internet stops these rude interruption and allows the person to have his say without having your thoughts hijacked from some moron showing no respect.

What l am getting at is am l the only one that has this problem,or do you agree with the fact on how irritating it can be when one is just getting to the punchline of the conversation to make it’s meaning and then someone butts in.
l sometimes feel like l want to say something back.But,to keep the atmosphere calm,l bite my tongue.On the Internet,my tongue is free from abuse,but l do have to admit when a debate does become serious and deep.l tend to leave it for a while and go to the arcade to stimulate my brain into action again.

I come back and read the post again,where l have the answers to the debate.lt does take me time to think about things,just like an author when writing a book is to note reminders down on paper.Also while l am tapping away on the keyboard,my mind goes blank to what was on my mind.This is also when l retreat so to try and remember what was on my mind.

l also do the same,by writing bits on paper so not to forget what’s on my mind.l can’t do that face to face with a group of people,because when l hear of one person with interest fires me up to responed.And just when l am about to open my mouth to preach,some other person cuts inand lose what l was about to say.”That is so annoying”,all l do is fold my arms and make a funny face:eek:hwell:,blurting out,”but”,”but”,”But”.Then you get some wise crack moron that say’s it is the quiet one’s that has something good to say.l feel l could land him one.

Last edited:

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Cyber or to person
Awwww Bob, you never fail and ???????????????????????? :77wu:

Jeannie

Lindacm

Cyber or to person
The wonder of the Internet is to sit back in the comfort of your chair and have a debate with a person in your own time without the rude interruptions from someone in person,which can put one off.lt throws me to what the conversation was in the first place.

When l have a conversation with someone in person and someone interrupts me,while l was just about to get to the meaning of what the discussion was about, then l lose it and say something totally meaningless.
The joy of the Internet stops these rude interruption and allows the person to have his say without having your thoughts hijacked from some moron showing no respect.

What l am getting at is am l the only one that has this problem,or do you agree with the fact on how irritating it can be when one is just getting to the punchline of the conversation to make it’s meaning and then someone butts in.
l sometimes feel like l want to say something back.But,to keep the atmosphere calm,l bite my tongue.On the Internet,my tongue is free from abuse,but l do have to admit when a debate does become serious and deep.l tend to leave it for a while and go to the arcade to stimulate my brain into action again.

I come back and read the post again,where l have the answers to the debate.lt does take me time to think about things,just like an author when writing a book is to note reminders down on paper.Also while l am tapping away on the keyboard,my mind goes blank to what was on my mind.This is also when l retreat so to try and remember what was on my mind.

l also do the same,by writing bits on paper so not to forget what’s on my mind.l can’t do that face to face with a group of people,because when l hear of one person with interest fires me up to responed.And just when l am about to open my mouth to preach,some other person cuts inand lose what l was about to say.”That is so annoying”,all l do is fold my arms and make a funny face:eek:hwell:,blurting out,”but”,”but”,”But”.Then you get some wise crack moron that say’s it is the quiet one’s that has something good to say.l feel l could land him one.

An interesting choice of words in your post, this is how you discribe people you speak with:

Rude/interruption/moron/thoughts highjacked/no respect/irritating/butts in/cuts in/annoying/wise crack moron.

Are you talking about daily conversation with people or lecturing/debating/preaching to people?

Conversation is about give and take...listening, appreciating, understanding and speaking. I sometimes interupt when what the other person is telling me is exciting and I need to interact with them. I don't take this as rude, neither would I if someone does the same to me. Unless of course the person concerned is not allowing for general exchange of conversation.

Conversation is about making the other person understand what you are trying to say...about giving information, questioning. It's also about listening and understanding what he/she is trying to say to you. It's all about learning, give/take and exchange.

I do however get quite upset when someone dominates the conversation and does not listen to anyone else. I gleen from this that the person likes the sound of their own voice and if they continue I leave them to it. Now that's what I call rude

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Cyber or to person
You're right, this thread reminded me of when I was at meetings in the Civil Service and there was always the one who had not got the jist of the subject, but just felt that heshe had to say something, which usually ended up he/she making an "arse" of themselves to be ridiculed later, lol. Fortunately it was ne'er me, cos I usually chaired and just sat back and let them have their say, and smiled within, the hardest part was to stop the receiver, doing as you stated Bob and say what they felt about the speaker, tact, diplomacy is still my policy today, well at least I try to be polite when I want to rip their head off, lol. I'll not go into e mail/ telephone discussions about trying to sort out builders problems from the UK to Turkey.

Cyber or to person
A piece of advice I'll always remember that seems appropriate to this thread
"Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your stupid than to open it and confirm it."

Martyn

Cyber or to person
Some good points there b-t-n. Of course as well we have time to not put your foot in your mouth when posting, many a time I edit a post before sending or don't send it at all. It gives you that few seconds to think.

I wouldn't say that people butt in intentionally, it can be a sign of being nervous. As I once read you have two ears and one mouth, listen twice and speak once. :roundgrin

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Cyber or to person
Very good points you have made there Linda in which you have stated that conversation is about giving and taking.Giving someone your point of view is really a gift of your own expression from the heart and the receiver is accepting that verbal gift from the heart as a token of appreciation which keeps the conversation going in a peaceful manner.

But unfortunately a minority do not listen to what the other person is saying and therefore is continuously hijacking the topic of conversation to derail it onto another subject.This type of behaviour is really a form of weakness from that person,which his listening abilities are not his strongest points.

The wealth of conversation amongst civilized behaviour gets straight to the point of what the issues are.But the one’s that are interrupting each other without listening to what the other person is saying results in a loss of respect and knowledge from each other.
When l am in conversation with someone in person.My theory is to give that person the opportunity to complete his view and to listen to what he is saying,which strengthens a respect towards each other without having no interruptions.
Also the real trick in promoting the ideal art of listening is to make the other person know for sure you are listening and hearing every word.lt’s a form of reassurance which does promote a strength of peace in communicating.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom