KLS

Custom Flights/Go there for less
Just booked my flights for xmas (i know i'm late - and was expecting to pay through the nose for it), but got a 3 week return to Gatwick with Onur for 114quid. Not bad as the others i found, (flythomascook, Aegean, KTHY) ranging from 180 - 280!
Just to highlight the difference between on line & shop agents...Lama Travel in Fethiye are quoting 256 for this exact flight.

You can search for flights on Customflights.co.uk but you then have to call them to book as their website booking is for agents only and their customer side 'gothere4less.co.uk' doesn't accept reverse departure enquiries ie flights originating in Turkey.

Andywebb

Just a warning here on flights over the festive season. It's a bit sketchy at present but the union "Unite" are not only balloting the cabin crews of Virgin but also BAA members over the next few days. If they get the go ahead they plan to take industrial action from the 27th December, this will affect the main UK airports.

Not a lot of info on this as yet unless others have an update.

Have found this link to the action in the Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/oct/31/theairlineindustry.money

Andy

Last edited:

Andy

I see they only fly to a limited number of places,
in fact only 6 or 7 and not Antalya.

Andywebb said:
Just a warning here on flights over the festive season. It's a bit sketchy at present but the union "Unite" are not only balloting the cabin crews of Virgin but also BAA members over the next few days. If they get the go ahead they plan to take industrial action from the 27th December, this will affect the main UK airports.

Not a lot of info on this as yet unless others have an update.

Have found this link to the action in the Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/oct/31/theairlineindustry.money

Andy

Please keep us posted........... if you see anything before me as I'm flying with BAA from Gatwick to Izmir on the 28th Dec for New Year in Turkey.

Fingers crossed and everything else it will be fine and they will settle their claims.

Andywebb

plymouthspur said:
Please keep us posted........... if you see anything before me as I'm flying with BAA from Gatwick to Izmir on the 28th Dec for New Year in Turkey.

Fingers crossed and everything else it will be fine and they will settle their claims.

You're getting a bit confused, BAA is the airports operators as opposed to BA the Airline! Its the BAA staff that are being balloted so it affect all airlines.

Andy

Latest Posts

Top Bottom