Curtains or Blinds?????
Does anyone know if curtains or blinds are cheaper to get? I like the idea of wooden blinds, but im not sure if you can get them up in the village, or if you can how much they cost roughly?

Donna

Mushtaq

Administrator
Curtains or Blinds?????
We got some very nice hand woven curtains from Tac Perde, it's near the the big mosque in Didim, the whole lot including curtain rods and fitting cost us about £130, that was for about 12 doors and windows.

Mushtaq

Barbie Doll

Curtains or Blinds?????
hi Donna
Tac Perde was where l bought my curtains from it was my wee friend, "Fred the towel man" up past Everest on the right good bargins in towels there!!Just tell him l sent you, his best customer:)Anyhow he introduced us to Tac Perde we paid £196 for curtains and heavy linings (mainly to protect the furniture). I wanted shutters only "We" agreed to differ there on that one, but still think they are a good investment (Maybe next year)
Donna l can show you the shop if you like they make them up and fit within 24 hours.
C U Soon [8D][8D]

Navan

Non Active Mmember
Curtains or Blinds?????
I bought some of my curtains there too and they were looking for crazy prices for bedclothes so I declined but I have to say that Ali is the nicest looking Turk I have ever seen in my life, he works there. his eyes were mesmerising and just the thought brings me out in hot flushes!!!!!!! I better go and have a cold shower now!

Anna

teresa

Free Thinker
Curtains or Blinds?????
I foud some of the prices high considering it is a cotton producing country. We all know how cheap our oil and gas is becaise we produce it ourselves (JOKE!!!).

I have noticed that clothing and curtains etc have become a lot cheaper at home over the last few years and where we used to come back laden with T shirts we now just go to ASDA and Matalan.
However, we still pick up the odd gem here and there and the designs can be so lovely and different in Turkey.

I may have told of a friend who wanted a net curtain for 2 windows about 2ft wide each and was quoted over £100. The net curtaining she wanted was beautiful but where we just get the wire and double the width (or at least that is all I do). The Turkish maker uppers were using 8 metres of fabric and doing stitch down pleats, very nice but very expensive, so the curtains were bought in the UK.

Once you have found the right shop you are ok, it is the finding that is the difficult part.

Teresa X

Martyn

Curtains or Blinds?????
quote:Originally posted by mushtaq
<br>We got some very nice hand woven curtains from Tac Perde, it's near the the big mosque in Didim, the whole lot including curtain rods and fitting cost us about £130, that was for about 12 doors and windows.

Mushtaq

Is this shop still around? We are going out June 20th and need to fit our whole apartment. That is 5 windows 2 single doors plus poles. We will need voile and heavies. Do they do them and fit poles etc? If so what would be a guide price?

Our place is up behind the Gima, how far is the shop in walking distance from the Gima?

Thanks

Martyn

Curtains or Blinds?????
martyn we use the same guy for all our apartments he doesnt speak english but is excellent, not sure if it's the same one that mush said but let me know if you need his name and place , hes in yenihisar the old town which is not too far from gima, we have voile and light in our house not heavies

dawn

Curtains or Blinds?????
we have the voiles but i have not seen them up yet we go out on the 30th ,iam just worrying that they might be see through dont want to scare the nieghbours .
Dawn

Ann58

Curtains or Blinds?????
Do you guys mind explaining what you mean by voile and lights or voile and heavies. Do you mean a light/heavy backing with voile draped at the front or attached to them?

Ann58

Ann58

Curtains or Blinds?????
OK thanks Martyn

Just that we went into someones apartment and they had like a plastic backing with voile at the front. No prob I know what you mean now thanks

Ann58

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Curtains or Blinds?????
Well theres no doubt that the turkish shops make beautiful curtains and nets. we took ours over from home but we'll eventually have some made in Altinkum.

Martyn

Curtains or Blinds?????
quote:Originally posted by speedy&wifey

martyn we use the same guy for all our apartments he doesnt speak english but is excellent, not sure if it's the same one that mush said but let me know if you need his name and place , hes in yenihisar the old town which is not too far from gima, we have voile and light in our house not heavies

Hi speedy

we are now going to buy our curtains in Altinkum/Didim so if i could have details of where this place we will visit them on the 21st June(day after we arrive)

Please give me idiot proof directions

Thanks

Martyn[:I]

Martyn

Curtains or Blinds?????
quote:Originally posted by Barbie Doll

hi Donna
Tac Perde was where l bought my curtains from it was my wee friend, "Fred the towel man" up past Everest on the right good bargins in towels there!!Just tell him l sent you, his best customer:)Anyhow he introduced us to Tac Perde we paid £196 for curtains and heavy linings (mainly to protect the furniture). I wanted shutters only "We" agreed to differ there on that one, but still think they are a good investment (Maybe next year)
Donna l can show you the shop if you like they make them up and fit within 24 hours.
C U Soon [8D][8D]

Hi Barbie

Is this shop still around to buy curtains?

We go out on the 20th June and are going to buy local. We are just behind the Gima.

Thanks

Martyn

Thanks

MArtyn

Gail

Curtains or Blinds?????
Martyn, Paul is out in Altinkum at the moment and I don't think he is back before you go[:0] Hopefully he will pop in before that.

Gail :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom