curtains/fitting poles & bed types
Hello,

I am coming to Bodrum to furnish my apartment 7th April - does anyone know if there is a good, reasonably priced shop who will supply all curtains/blinds and instal them? I do not fancy my chances with drilling into the new walls myself!!!

Also, sorry, another question - does anyone know where I can get two single beds that are purpose made to clip together to make one 6ft bed? I have a one bedroomed apartment and want to be flexible with the sleeping arangements. I have seen them in England but nothing with a google search for Turkey :help:

Thanks,

Max

laz

hi
dont know about the bodrum area but all the curtain shops around altinkum seem to fit the curtain rails as a standard service so will probably be the same near u. i think its just a case of shopping around and using your judgement. some people seem to pay alot for their curtains. one friend was quoted 2300 quid for their villa but got them down to 1400. so i was in a bit of a panic as to how much it was gonna cost coz cant afford and wouldnt want to pay that much. so have shopped around and even tho our villa insnt ready yet got a quote with the measuements that i had for my windows (5 patio doors n 3 windows) and was told around 530 quid so was pleased with that. and some friends used the same shop for their bedroom curtains and was pleased with the service and quality.

dunno about the beds but some friends of ours bought 2 singles intending to push them together to form a double wen required but the beds were so heavy n hard to move they have changed them for a double now

hope this helps a little bit

sapper

There is a good curtain shop on the main road in Bodrum who made our curtains and fitted poles. They are on the left if coming from airport - just after the Roundabout with Aturturk riding the Horse - across from Oasis. Looks small outside but very large selection downstairs.

Sara-666

We got ours from a little perde shop in Ortakent, included fitting rails and poles and were not too expensive. We are also looking for 2 singles to put together for our spare room and have decided on the place next to Kipa (just outside of Ortakent) as we got our other beds from there when we moved last year. They are under 300ytl each for storage base with decent mattress and they deliver locally. They are delivering our others to Etrim (near Mumcular) so I would presume they would deliver anywhere on the penninsular? Yatas also does good beds but are twice the price that we paid.

Good luck
Sara

biggles

biggles
sapper said:
There is a good curtain shop on the main road in Bodrum who made our curtains and fitted poles. They are on the left if coming from airport - just after the Roundabout with Aturturk riding the Horse - across from Oasis. Looks small outside but very large selection downstairs.
THAT SHOP IS CALLED LINENS.they did all our curtains and fitted all our poles to our windows ,but they have moved to a bigger shop by cukerbuk, about 1 mile further away from oasis,still on same side of the road [bodrum bound side] but a much bigger shop.they have a lady in there who speaks very good english and she deals with english speaking customers,if you go in there ask for dilek.

cheeky chops

lifes a beach
magomaxxx
we used linens there service was brilliant not overly expensive but good quality.
they do different price ranges in fabric rails and blinds
as for the bed we got a single bed with an underbed which fits together to make a double both on castors but do not move easily we had the choice of matresses also orthopedic , firm, + standard they were not over the top prices but good quality .better than cheaper beds in uk
we got these from ozler in bodrum next rd to the prison if you need better directions pm me

cheeky chops

Thanks everyone for all the great replies - this forum is WONDERFUL for this sort of stuff and I was a little daunted about coming out to furnish, but now I am not so daunted.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom