lenlec

curtains advice please, urgent
hi all

my girlfriend and her mates arrived at mayfair apts safely in the early hrs today. the apt has no curtains so as the first job they are in mine perde shop looking for curtains, poles and fitting. they are quoting her £700 sterling, which i think is a rip off, anyone know anywhere cheaper please?

cheers andy.

ps anyone near by pop alaong and say hi to them, sure they would like that

Tess

£700 seems a bit steep - I curtained a 3 bed apt for £350 which included all fittings, tracks, roller blind, tie backs and linings. I used I am almost sure Istanbul Perde which is opposite Migros. The guy took me to the apt, measured up, we came back and chose the material and I got a price, in addition I got a present of a duvet set. I suppose however the price is dependent on the quality and choice, I kept my choice neutral and I suppose it was basic in comparison to lots they had on offer. Good luck, many places to choose from and take time to look around and compare prices. I have not used them myself for curtain, only other bits and pieces but the lady and gent in Didim Shopping Centre at bottom of Ataturk Blv are supposed to be competitive, worth getting a price.

I am not in your area, but how much a meter is the curtaining?

I spent £800 on three roman blinds and one roller blind (4 floor to ceiling patio doors with windows on each side, so big), however, the cost per meter varied, one lot was 137 tl a meter, other 35 tl a meter, they are also all lined (apart from the roller blind).

If I were you I would check out the price per meter for the material you have picked.

Sue

moortenerife

moortenerife
although i own in a different part of turkey from you i was shocked at the price of nets, curtains etc. our apartment is quite big, 3 bedroom, but we only bought plain voile and material similar to lining material, however it cost us over £400 and then when they came to fit it they hadn't measured properly and had to re do it again. if i had bought in the uk i think i could have done it much cheaper and better quality. it goes to show that not everything is cheaper in turkey. also i have brought all my bedding from the uk as this is also better quality and you get a better choice.

Akbuk

Istanbul Perde opposite our shop you can get curtained for 300 pound

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Way too much. Visit Didim Perde, next to Carrefour (couple of doors away).

lenlec

thanks all for your help.

g/f just txt me , she haggled them down to £32o all in. god knows what she had to do for that? haha.

Tess

320 a fair saving on 700 ??? Good she had the ability to bargain, well done.
Don't worry Lenlec, you don't have to do much LOL!!!!! - you may see her again round July LOL!!! Relax she will be fine.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Just be doubly sure shes being quoted what she asked for. When we had all our curtains quoted for and they were fitted they did nt include the sun curtain (Gunesh) and they were all far too short. As I had only paid 40 quid deposit i said take them all away I dont want them and am not paying any more. Was happy to lose deposit, after a load of long faces and translation they fitted the sun curtain and altered the othersand I was actually going to pay the extra money but with their long faces and scowling i thought no sod it i m not paying any more and it took the shine off - whether this was because they did nt speak english too well or not I dont know but they certainly had no hesitation in asking for extra. Just dont pay up until you are completely satisfied. We used a shop that was on Ege road but they are not there now.

lenlec

haha, sod that, i`m ere with the 3 boys while shes sunning herself in turkey.
a weeks just about right on my own.

andy

I actually bought all my curtains in IKEA in the sales I got some beautiful heavy weight Neutral kind all (118 drop with iron up tape as standard) and I think I only paid £24 a pair. I must add they look perfect for what I personally wanted.

Crytalclear

mrsed

Hi,
we used Istanbul across from Migros, they charged £300 which inlc all tracks lining & make up, they came out to us 10 am tues & we had made to measure curtains for 3xPatio door size windows fitted by 11am on the Wed!
May

Tess

Lenlec if you have your curtains placed how you want them, you can keep drawing the linings to keep out the sun and for privacy. Best lined to be honest I think.

mrkeith

no normaly you have two sets up one to filter the sun and one to close at night, if you don't have the first set and it's a sunny window the sun will take the colour out of the main set and anything else it can shine on like your furniture and carpets

panther

Extortion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine cost £350 from Akbuk Perde for 3 bed apart. He wanted £390. Do I think they were worth it, No. If I had time I would have brought from U.K. and I feel sure I could have done all apartment for £100. The bronze venetian blinds for windows approx £12 per pair. Pair of curtains from T & G Allen are always on offer £12.99 per pair. Even a bit more for patio length.

I bought two sets of beautiful curtains lined damask type pattern 90" x90" from Netto's for £20 per pair.

I just don't know where they get these prices from.

Lynn2

lynn2
We went to Yuvam Perde in Cumhuriyet [main through street in Didim] Can't remember the exact cost now as it was some time ago but I do remember that when I went back to UK and told a friend who has a curtain "made to measure" business it would have cost me the same price from her for just my living room. We have 3 beds, dining room, sep kitchen & v. large living room. Don't forget these are all made to measure, price includes all fittings, tie backs etc., & the man fits them. We had backers, voiles, & quality curtains on all windows & large linen type roller blind on kitchen window. Quick, quality service & they wash & wear beautifully.

val2661

I've already got black out roman blinds, but wanted side voiles. Found some beautiful voile in Alanya today for 2.50 TL per metre and I've been sewing all afternoon. Floor to ceiling side voiles (unlined) for two windows in the lounge 25 TL!!

Val

biggles

biggles
ours 5 years ago were £800 for a 3 bed [nearly had a heart attack ] but they went & meaured [we were not there ] they went back & fitted everything [3 tracks to each window ] with voiles /curtains /& sun blinds & the quality is really good [should be for that money . Everyone that sees our curtains comments on the quality . but at the time i thought they were way too much money ,but then again i am only a man .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom