yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Current Irish Politics-Warning do not read if you're easily bored or not au fait!
What price are biomass woodchips these days ?

Saoirse

Current Irish Politics-Warning do not read if you're easily bored or not au fait!
For any readers not au fait with TUV one of their counci candidate said in an ideal world homosexuality would again be a criminal offence and that only white refugees should be considered for entry to Belfast

I dearly wish I was joking

To get an idea of their position on political spectrum imagine to the right of the Taliban

Last edited:

Saoirse

Classic unionism ( Belfast and Edinburgh versions are cut from the same cloth) and their take on democracy displayed today.

There are elections due in Belfast next year.

Setting aside manufactured grievances over protocol etc and concentrating just on pure numbers gives a fascinating insight unionist belief in democracy

Whilst polls are only a snapshot in time and can be wildly inaccurate current polling states SF could get First Minister post in next election

So what I hear you cry that's what elections bring winners losers

But today the DUP stated if SF got the top post the DUP would not take part in the political process!!!!

Imagine in England if johnson or Starmer said if we do not get PM we are basically not taking part in political process!!!!

Democracy eh, if you're not top dog lift the ball and go home!!

mollag

Kipper restorer
What you reckon Philip, worth a look ? On tonight.

Patrick Kielty: One Hundred Years of Union​

9pm, BBC One​

Having lost his father to the Troubles, Kielty knows better than most that turbulence around the border between Ireland and mainland Britain has potentially awful consequences. Here, he investigates the Brexit-imposed trade border in the Irish Sea and talks to loyalists involved in unrest.

Saoirse

Hes certainly suffered a lot of tragedy and handled it better than I ever could.

Donated money behind the scenes to both communities for projects including trying to get kids mixing more

He has his own opinions like all of us and certainly hes entitled at this time to reflect on where he thinks things are going

mollag

Kipper restorer
Hes certainly suffered a lot of tragedy and handled it better than I ever could.

Donated money behind the scenes to both communities for projects including trying to get kids mixing more

He has his own opinions like all of us and certainly hes entitled at this time to reflect on where he thinks things are going
We have Keilty's within our family, Paisley Rc's. would he be similar ?

Saoirse

Kielty would indeed be a Catholic

His programme of course is specific to the unionist community as it is they who are " upset" by the repercussions of the Brexit they wanted- still an interesting insight for those in Britain

SLEEPY

Saoirse

Very interesting article Sleepy especially as we know the author is no admirer of Republicans

Next years election for which the campaign is already actually underway will be a watershed moment if and it's a massive if- unionist dominance is finally broken

Its woeful watching and listening to them now genuinely uncertain what they would do if no longer top dog

Democracy is great craic!

Saoirse

To take her piece a wee bit further its absolutely fascinating watching blueshirts and their FF side kicks squirming currently re the border poll

They are sh1tting themselves re Mary Lou tightening the screw ( will FF even survive until end of this Dail term!!!) and know if the polls in the 26 ( and I dont trust polls) are anywhere near correct they will have to end up trying to out green SF !!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom