Camden

Current Irish Politics-Warning do not read if you're easily bored or not au fait!
These nutters are so bitter they try and compete to see who can build the highest bonfires ...

A few days ago some idiot died whilst working fell from one of these bonfires

they are made from wooden pallets ...they even employ cranes...

Eleventh Night bonfires is supposedly to celebrate what they call the Glorious Revolution (1688) the victory of Protestant monarch William of Orange over the Catholic James II during the Williamite-Jacobite War (1689–1691)......

but seems just an excuse to stoke hate...

Man dies after falling from 50ft bonfire in Northern Ireland ahead of Eleventh Night celebrations

bpanews_08e53769-bad6-4cf0-be50-df9918d82966_1.jpg

Saoirse

Current Irish Politics-Warning do not read if you're easily bored or not au fait!
Continuing decline for the conservative coalition government in Ireland

A major poll today shows a whopping 85% want a change with 37% wanting immediate " radical " change

Maybe the British electorate should grow a pair and take note

mollag

Kipper restorer
You could get the impressionn that England cares not for NI as they dont live there, what part of " UNITED KINGDOM" do they not understand ?
They would be glad to see it go IMHO :(

Saoirse

When we get our country back personally I would be in favour of looking at projects and cooperation on a Celtic nations basis with a free Scotland along with your good selves in a loose alliance basis.

mollag

Kipper restorer
The troubles hasnt been a very populas theme in UK dramas, touched on but skimmed through. I started watching "The Spectacular" last night, Belgian with subs but lots of English speaking sections. I enjoyed the first episode and have hopes for the rest.--

429nufc

Dalriada eventually became a client kingdom of Northumbria which seems fair to me
As a Northumbrian I am happy to take obeisance from your good self, Sleepy , Saoirse and any other membbers of theCeltic claque.
Dunadd fort is well worth a look at.

mollag

Kipper restorer
All Heil King 429nufc, our leige Lord (y) [ I tend to think of us, ere, as a Pictish/British clique]

Akasya

Postless Pointer
I could never understand why Irish leaders took to the Crown so quickly , Henry Plantagenant clearly offered Irish Kings and chiefs an attractive deal , i suppose a British Empire Title and a cut of the taxation of the general populace was very attractive at the time . It also ended much fighting which started with the Danes , and gave protection from further Norse attacks .
Steve

Saoirse

Divide and rule was a trademark of English imperialism over the centuries and not just in Ireland

In the Emerald Isle they took in one step further not just dividing but creating a gerrymandered statelet from the outset.

Often our neighbors in England dot seem to understand that an undemocratically created false majority- isn’t a majority

Hopefully however despite having to overdone such constitutional apartheid we are edging closer to endgame

Saoirse

( An) Doh!!!!!!

Saoirse

I suppose after Truss decided Scottish voters dont count this was inevitable but they simply never never learn.

Labour and Tory Votes combined in North of Ireland 0 Zero Zilch Nada

SF votes in North of Ireland. 250,388

The more they try to deny a democratic mandate the more that mandate will increase- keep it going dimwit Truss

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
Of course Brexit brought nothing but good things to NI, so the man with his head in the sand reckons.

Saoirse

Sure didnt help and now its complications are being used as cover for the denial of democracy.

SLEEPY

Catholics now outnumber Protestants in Northern Ireland, a country whose boundaries were drawn in 1921 to ensure a hefty Protestant majority.
Results (including 'religion brought up in') of last year's census: NI is 45.7% Catholic, 43.5% Protestant.
Screenshot_20220921_091210.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom