Broom

Curbanoglu
Hi,
Can anyone tell me should we buy a property with this developer? We are looking at Akkaya gardens due to be finished in Sept 09? Are they any better or worse than any other developer?
Can anyone tell me anything about the fraud allegations made re the managing director of Curbanoglu?
Any specific questions we should ask while on our viewing trip?
Thanks so much,
Sally

Peregrine

Curbanoglu
Sally

you have to make up your own mind about buying, which includes why you are buying and your attitude towards risk

There are numerous threads on here about the buying process that I suggest you read and note down the salient points from each. from that you can develop a checklist of do's and dont's

You could check out the rateyour emlak site run by Crashtester (who might even be working on a rateyour developer site by now)

A real MUST in the process is a good lawyer - again there are recommendations and health warnings on here if you look for them

My final advice would be to take your time. If the place isnt ready whats the rush to pay for it? The seller will no doubt pressure you with tales of the development selling out and you need to be in quick. look around and you will find plenty of alternatives so dont be rushed (yes, you will be told "but they are not in this location" but you may find better so take your time)

good luck with it

Last edited:

slavomir

Curbanoglu
Hello Sally,
I bought buy off in akkaya gardens-jasmine apartment.Could you tell me,please who and when told you that the site would be finished in September?
Cheers

Peregrine

Curbanoglu
For allegations why not read the other threads on the General Dalaman forum http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/dalaman-forum/23271-corruption-allegations-4.html

Have you thought that it might not be necessary to buy off-plan? That there might be property in the area that is a) completed
b) with title deeds and c) in areas designated for development under the town plan .. and not carved out of state forest land?

very good point and another reason to take your time

and remember that big space between you and the sea that affords a beautiful view could just be the site of the next multistorey hotel

Top Bottom