JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Has anyone from Lakeside/ Akkaya recieved or heard anything regarding their tapu yet. It's now been nearly a year and half since the final payment was made. I know some people in other parts of Turkey have waited longer but i would just like to know.

Jeannie :3:

dalid69

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Hi Jeannie,there are people at whiterock who still havent got their tapu yet although i beleive odd ones have but its the usual story im afraid,basically cant be arsed doing it on the builders part.

Paul

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Cheers Paul, i'll look into it when over next month and see if we get any joy, which i doubt!!!!!!!!!

Jeannie

chris

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Cant understand the situation you would have thought everyone would be breaking there necks to get the tapus done now with the tax reduction.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Yeh, you would think so, but with these allegations of corruption and whatever else is going on it makes you wonder!!!!!!!

Jeannie

chris

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Thats's the problem every time you think you are going to get your Tapu someone moves the goalposts. Just hope I get mine on my next trip.

Phil48

PHIL
Curbanoglu/ lakeside
The best of luck we have been waiting over three years for our Tapu we thougth we finally got the third and final part but guess what another problem. I don't think they want to give anyone a Tapu.

dalyansteve

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Unless there is some underlying problem that you are not being told about, you should be able to get a tapu well within 6 months of completion. To find out what the problem is go with a Turkish translator to the Belediye and the Tapu office and ask them directly what the problem is. Can't be arsed, is not an excuse.
Information in Turkey is not handed out printed in your language covering all scenarios, you have to ask the right people the right question, if you don't you will not be told the truth. And when you get a translator make sure they have nothing to do with your builder.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Same old story!!!! Once they have got your money that's it.
I am sick of being nice and polite and patient, well, no more!!!!!!!

Jeannie :angry::388dd::fencing::ranting:

dalyansteve

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Jim, you have missed the point completely as do a lot of English. The property valuation on the Tapu is for tax purposes only. If you want the full price paid put on the Tapu this will affect everyone from you to the builder and anyone else looking to buy. In Ortaca the Tapu office asks the Belediye to give a valuation for tax purposes and this is what is put on the Tapu, it usually bears no relation to how much is actualy paid. Any Turk would be arguing for the valuation to be put lower which is why the Belediye now decides to avoid arguments and even fisticuffs. No wonder you have not got your Tapu yet.

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Hi everyone. We have a bungalow at Whiterock and are now getting really fed up with Curbanoglu's responses (or not as the case may be). We have also been very polite and understanding. Not any more. We are totally fed up. Only last week a finally got a response saying that they were sorting out legal problems. What we can't understand it that our neighbours have received theirs, why not everyone. Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on? Maybe we should all get together at some point and go to the offices en-mass. Any solutions!!!

Les & Caroline

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Jeannie, I was coming over at the end of June but have had to postpone until end of July. However, if there is anything happening I could possibly get over in the next couple of weeks.

matty

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Jim, you have missed the point completely as do a lot of English. The property valuation on the Tapu is for tax purposes only. If you want the full price paid put on the Tapu this will affect everyone from you to the builder and anyone else looking to buy. In Ortaca the Tapu office asks the Belediye to give a valuation for tax purposes and this is what is put on the Tapu, it usually bears no relation to how much is actualy paid. Any Turk would be arguing for the valuation to be put lower which is why the Belediye now decides to avoid arguments and even fisticuffs. No wonder you have not got your Tapu yet.

The only person that gains is the Builder!

jearden

Curbanoglu/ lakeside

The property transfer tax is as the name suggests a tax on the transfer price. Having the correct transfer price on your Tapu shows that you have paid the the correct amount of tax. Could not be simpler.

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
Hi Steve,
I do accept your point however i am being told by my turkish lawyer that since last september any villa owner with an undervaluation is liable to have to pay the difference between the tapu valuation and the real value?

dalyansteve

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
If you get a valuation letter from the Belediye, regardless of what you are paying, the onus of responsibility is on the Belediye not you. In fact the Belediye should be interested in putting as high a value as possible because it affects their annual revenue.
Now if you were Turkish you would be fighting tooth and nail to be getting the lowest possible amount put on the Tapu and if the authorities were to take action they would have to investigate every single property sale since time began. This is one of the reasons the Tapu office ask the Belediye for the valuation to avoid these types of arguments.
The MOST important thing for you or anyone else is getting the Tapu in your hand especially if you have paid the money. You are at risk without it.

jearden

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
If you get a valuation letter from the Belediye, regardless of what you are paying, the onus of responsibility is on the Belediye not you. In fact the Belediye should be interested in putting as high a value as possible because it affects their annual revenue.
Now if you were Turkish you would be fighting tooth and nail to be getting the lowest possible amount put on the Tapu and if the authorities were to take action they would have to investigate every single property sale since time began. This is one of the reasons the Tapu office ask the Belediye for the valuation to avoid these types of arguments.
The MOST important thing for you or anyone else is getting the Tapu in your hand especially if you have paid the money. You are at risk without it.

The Charges Law clause 63 governing property transfer tax is determined at National level not by the local Belediye. The valuation given by the Belediye as part of the Tapu process is the minimum value for tax purposes and is only relevant if you purchased below this valuation.

According to the advice from Acacia International Legal Services published previously on TLF, Clause 63/3 states:
Should the authorities find out that the value was declared lower than the one determined by the municipality OR LOWER THAN THE REAL PURCHASE PRICE then the difference between these amounts plus 25% penalty will be collected from the parties.

Reactions: GnD

Guz1

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
I read somewhere (possibly on another forum) that the system has changed in recent years, i.e. that Dalyansteve's interpretation used to be how things were done but that the current situation is as described in Jearden's post.

GnD

Curbanoglu/ lakeside
I agree too with Maria and Jearden, that I did read somewhere that prosecutions were being followed through. Will try to find it as I saved it somewhere.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom