Cumhuriyet Bayramı
Well it was certainly enjoyable here in Datca! We had a march to the town square in the morning led by a band from one of the local schools, and then last night another procession again led by the band, very smart in their uniforms, with a squad of Marines (eye candy for the girls!), our local governor and the mayor, and hundreds of people. It culminated at 10.00 with an absolutely fabulous firework display!

And the best thing? Friends and I had just finished dinner when it started and had a ringside view from my balcony! It may be noisy living in the centre of town but it's very interesting!

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Cumhuriyet Bayramı
I watched the parades from my hospital bed - as I had a most fantastic view of Bodrum Castle and Bodrum Bay - could hear the bands and the singing - I really missed being in Yalikavak !
Last night when I got home from hospital we had only been in about 10 minutes when the fireworks started - I watched from the window - it was great - Ibrahim said they are welcoming you home !! LOL
I wished I could have been in the village for the Fener Parade - it is the first parade I have missed for 14 years.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom