dstearn

Crystalized Fruit
Does anyone know where I can buy crystalised fruit? There was a shop in Fethiye called Malataya Fruits, but it has now closed. We regularly travel to Bodrum, Marmaris, Mugla, Kas & Fethiye, also I can get things brought from Antalya.
Thanks in advance for any help

dstearn

Crystalized Fruit
Just to let anyone interested that Migros in Fethiye currently have crystalized fruit, also dried cranberries

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Crystalized Fruit
I am sure I have seen crystallized fruit in Tansaş It was in a fairly big round transparent tub at the left hand end of the aisle where the cake making stuff was. :)

Harem

I've cliqued
Crystalized Fruit
I am sure I have seen crystallized fruit in Tansaş It was in a fairly big round transparent tub at the left hand end of the aisle where the cake making stuff was. :)

Do they do glace cherries too??

pldouglas

Crystalized Fruit
You can always make them, its a process of glazing the fruit with liquid sugar. I did it once yonks ago and could probably look it up if anyone is interested. I seem to remember soaking dried fruit in brandy first and then glazing with disolved sugar over several day allowing the glaze to harden off in between coats - bit like glossing a bit of woodwork!

dstearn

Crystalized Fruit
I heard Tansas had it too after I found it in Migros, thanks.
Re making it yourself, I did this the first year we were here & it took weeks!!
If anyone is interested I use the fruit to make chocolates for gifts, along with nuts, bonfire toffee etc. Dia's own chocolate at 90ks for 80gms is fine, I use the dark & all my friends both Turkish & European love them. A really acceptable gift.

dstearn

Crystalized Fruit
I am using a cocktail cherry, Iris kiraz sekeri, they work perfectly for everything I need. I have also found a shop in the fruit market, next to fish market, in Fethiye. They have crystalized coconut, papaya, pineapple & strawberries. Also dried cranberries & currants without pips. Igot everything I needed for Xmas cakes, puds & mincemeat etc cheaper than Migros but I did spend 267 tl! Most of it has been used this week as I make for friends, raffles, xmas fairs christmas presents etc. I am still looking to source ready to roll fondant icing in Turkey, anyone found it?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom