kaplumba

crikey
Just poking around on the web and found a site for a mountain running academy in Datca. They say it's never too late to start - hmmm not sure about that and will probably give it a miss especially in July lol. I have never noticed mountain runners there, I bet my son might give it a go. Anyway they have some nice photos in their gallery including an ariel shot which I haven't seen before.
Mor Academy

Last edited:

pebble

crikey
I think your son would enjoy it. I never did hear about his biking trip to turkey. I remember keeping track of it, but somehow lost track of him when he got to turkey

kaplumba

crikey
Hi Pebble - only just noticed this. Yes he and his friend made it to Datca on their bikes last September. 4012 km and 31 days of cycling over 6 weeks. We had a big party and TRT and Cumhuryet turned up. I gave an interview on the telly in Turkish and no doubt looked a complete twirp. People from all over Turkey found me on Facebook and wrote to me which was amazing. They raised 1000 pounds for prostate cancer research. Lovely Aysel (TLF member) arranged a gathering of 10 Turkish cyclists including herself to accompany them over the mountains from Marmaris to Datca and it was all so much fun. Our holiday this year will seem so quiet. Sadly Jack will not be holidaying with us this year as he has now completed his degree and starts a new job in Zurich in August, so no mountain running in Turkey but lots of mountain cycling in Switzerland. Needless to say I wont be doing it either but I shall be looking out for any runners while I'm there.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom