SandiBarbi

Honey x x
Crate wanted for small dog
Hi everyone
I am returning to the UK next month just in time for Christmas and I'm taking my little dog with me, I rescued her hear in Turkey and i love her to bits, She is a small terrier and her name is Honey so I'm looking for a crate for her to travel in, I am currently in the Side area but don't worry if you are miles away i can arrange for the crate to be put on a coach direct to Manavgat, Wooden of plastic as long as it is IATA approved, I know she will have to go in to quarantine but she is worth it, I'm sure she will be OK, I'm looking forward to returning to the UK, My apartment is up for sale and I'm trying like hell to get my dog sorted out with a flight from Antaly so if anyone could give me any info on flight company's that take dog's in cargo and approx how much it will cost etc,
Many Thanks......

Attachments

• Honey.jpg
    Honey.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 7

jane2005

Can't get enough
Hi, Turkish Airlines and BA will both take animals in the hold. BA will charge them as extra baggage, I used Turkish Airlines to fly my animals over but used Animal Airlines (do not use!!!) to arrange all the transport for me. Look on the Turkish Airlines website and it will give you further info. Good luck with your move back to the UK.

SandiBarbi

Honey x x
Thanks and yes she i a lovely dog she is so clever, Thanks for the info with flight details much appreciated....

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
You can buy the crate from the airline you travel with . I know TC sell them or used to . i wish you both a safe journey . lovely little dog ....Diane

bremar

Hi SandiBarbie,
I am taking my cat and dog back with me next month. Due to the size of the dog and the fact that the cat carrier has to have a spring loaded metal door I am having both carriers made. I have got a copy of the IATA approved specifications for wooden crates if you would like them. Perhaps you have a good carpenter near you who could make them for you. Please be aware that not all plastic carriers are IATA approved even though they are advertised as such. I have also saved a lot of money by having them made because the plastic ones here are imported and therefore cost a lot more. I am using a company called Ladyhaye to take care of the transporting and so far they have been absolutely brilliant with their help. I don't know if they arrange flights from Antalya but it can't hurt to call or email them. their phone number is 0044 1342 832 161 ex 21 and the lady to speak to is Alison. The email address is inbound@ladyhaye.co.uk. It will cost a bit extra to use them but they do all the running around for you. The cost is dependant on the size of the crate. You will also need to have your dog microchipped and vaccinated before leaving Turkey and you will need to have all the relevant documents from your vet and the government vet. If I can help in any way please let me know.

SandiBarbi

Honey x x
Hi Thanks for that info, Did not realise she needed microchip and etc, I spoke with Defra and they told me that i don't need chip and rabies jab as she is going direct to quarantine i was told to tell them this and not taking my (pet) to the UK as they may mistake this for pets which is the pet passport therefore requiring chip and rabies jab, Has your vet told you this? I know they need it for other EU entries but UK is different maybe i need make sure this info from Defra is 100% as the government is different hear and they will make you do things unnecessary just for the money if you know what i mean, I will call Alison and speak with her, Thanks again and good look...

bremar

Hi Sandi,
I also checked with DEFRA, Ladyhaye and the quarantine kennels. They all said that Turkey is one of the most difficult countries to export animals from. My vet even agreed with them. Unfortunately you do need to have this done to get your dog out of the country. The customs will want to see the vaccination record book, microchip number, Health Certificate from your vet, the Certificate from the government vet and import licence. When the animals reach the destination airport they will have another rabies jab because the rabies jab they are given here will not be accepted. There is very little we can do about it except pay up and get it done. The one ray of sunshine is that they don't have to have a blood test done which can take up to 6 months for all the protocols to be applied. My vet uses the same brand of rabies vaccine as used in the UK, made by Pfizer, but because the animals are coming from Turkey this is not accepted by DEFRA. Turkey isn't part of the PETS scheme but to leave the country the animals have to be treated as if it were. If you have got quarantine kennels arranged they will send you some forms for Customs & Excise and the Import Licence. Once you have returned these they will apply for the Import Licence on your behalf. If you use a company like Ladyhaye they will send you a booking form, measurement form and releveant information. Tell the kennels you are using a courier company, which one it is and they will send the Import Licence to them. The courier company will then arrange a flight for the dog. It is up to you to then get a seat on the same flight. If you can't get a seat they will keep trying until you are both on the same fight. They will have an agent at the airport to take delivery of the animal when you arrive and the agent will do all the rest. The kennels will arrange collection a the other end because you will not be allowed any contact until they have arrived and settled at the kennels. You will also be sent a 'Rabies Control' sticker which must go on the outside of the crate.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom