BradandGill

Covid19 - October 2020
Hi can someone advise please. Turkey is currently on the UK exemption list for quarantine and we were thinking of coming in at the beginning of October but we know there are new rules about masks in Turkey. Do you have to wear them on the beach or on a sunbed by the pool at your hotel in Marmaris or Alanya? Also will everything be closed now in October like the tourist shops or are they staying open to make up for loss of trade earlier in the year.
If someone could tell us what we could expect when we get there. We have never been this late in the year and with covid and all the rules have no idea what to expect.
Thanks
Gill

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Covid19 - October 2020
Hi can someone advise please. Turkey is currently on the UK exemption list for quarantine and we were thinking of coming in at the beginning of October but we know there are new rules about masks in Turkey. Do you have to wear them on the beach or on a sunbed by the pool at your hotel in Marmaris or Alanya? Also will everything be closed now in October like the tourist shops or are they staying open to make up for loss of trade earlier in the year.
If someone could tell us what we could expect when we get there. We have never been this late in the year and with covid and all the rules have no idea what to expect.
Thanks
Gill

My daughter flew in from Turkey on Friday, they stayed somewhere outside Alanya.
Masks from UK airport, plane & transfer. All had their temperature taken at the hotel where no masks were required but all the staff wore them. Anyone leaving the hotel boundaries were required to wear a mask. On return to the hotel, temperatures taken again AND three hours later.
My daughter didn’t want to go but the holiday cost £4K which she paid for last year & she would’ve lost out big time. She went with a crowd of 27 friends, most had thought of cancelling at some point but in the end they all went out there.

Most said it was the best holiday they’d ever had & my daughter said it was the best all inclusive hotel she had stayed in (only does all inclusive).

So there you have it, bit of advice over masks and a good advert for Turkey.

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Covid19 - October 2020
Seems to me that from the very bottom to the very top of society some people think that they wont catch this virus.
People will go to their graves, family members & friends will live the rest of their lives in denial that THEY & THEIR very own actions were responsible.
Government(s) including the EU itself has throw millions upon millions at "hopeful vaccines" and unfortunately, that's all they are, HOPEFULS.
My wife is now back on babysitting duties in Derby, took the little fella to school, parents all outside the gates, none wearing a mask except my wife.
What does it take to make people understand, death of a family member???

Latest Posts

Top Bottom